Ohio National....Who's all going?

Quote:
GREAT meeting you, too, Julie! Hope you are enjoying the Polish you got from Kathy, Maria and me. And, of course, your new silkies, too! The Polish trio I picked up from Kathy are settling in nicely.
smile.png

Crunchie and I had a blast, but so sorry we missed the BYC get-together.
sad.png
I had just gotten into a conversation with another Polish exhibitor, and lost track of the time. And, I so wanted to meet all the great people I've been chatting with on line. Sorry!

I was happy with my show wins for my bantam Polish at my very first national:
WC chocolate frizzle hen - 1st, Reserve Variety
WC black frizzle hen - 1st, Best of Variety
Buff laced frizzle hen - 1st, Reserve Variety
Buff laced frizzle pullet - 1st, Best of Variety
Buff laced smooth cock - 1st, Best of Variety

I learned SOOOOO much from talking at length with seasoned Polish exhibitors and am really excited for the next show! NE Poultry Congress here we go!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
GREAT meeting you, too, Julie! Hope you are enjoying the Polish you got from Kathy, Maria and me. And, of course, your new silkies, too! The Polish trio I picked up from Kathy are settling in nicely.
smile.png

Crunchie and I had a blast, but so sorry we missed the BYC get-together.
sad.png
I had just gotten into a conversation with another Polish exhibitor, and lost track of the time. And, I so wanted to meet all the great people I've been chatting with on line. Sorry!

I was happy with my show wins for my bantam Polish at my very first national:
WC chocolate frizzle hen - 1st, Reserve Variety
WC black frizzle hen - 1st, Best of Variety
Buff laced frizzle hen - 1st, Reserve Variety
Buff laced frizzle pullet - 1st, Best of Variety
Buff laced smooth cock - 1st, Best of Variety

I learned SOOOOO much from talking at length with seasoned Polish exhibitors and am really excited for the next show! NE Poultry Congress here we go!!!!
thumbsup.gif

It was great meeting you guys!! The birds I picked up are doing great, I just love them. I also missed the BYC gathering, guess there's always next year LOL

Gretchen, your birds in the show looked great
smile.png

I really hope you guys can make it to Congress!!

Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in worth--really enjoyed the show and have a funny feeling that my dd and I are spoiled as it's the only 'real' chicken show we've ever gone to (this is our 2nd year going) besides our county fair....we live about 40 minutes away so it's pretty convenient, we'd planned on staying for 2-3 hours, and simply looking at all the birds we read about, as she was in her school musical Sat. evening and had to get home and ready, and of course, no buying...well, you might have guessed, we spent half the day there and returned home with a lovely little blue silkie pullet who is adapting to life in Ohio. Thanks so much to Brody's Broodello in Maryland for taking the time you did to share your knowledge with both of us, and even better, to share this lovely little pullet with us--"Sasha" is in good hands. I'll try to share a couple of pics I took but I'm afraid they'll be sideways--I thought I'd rotated them once I'd uploaded them on my pc, but it seems like when I uploaded them from the pc to BYC they reverted back to the vertical...which makes them show up sideways. I'm sorry I can't give credit to the owners of these lovely birds, I was just 'playing' with my camera and someone would catch my eye--seem to like the roosters I guess, although I fell in love with the beautiful buff Americauna--she just posed for me every time. Thanks for letting me share--we had a great time and maybe someday we'll step out and meet some fellow BYC'ers...
smile.png

Here's "Sasha," our little cutie...
44450_dsc03458.jpg

My dd with her fluffy buddy...just imagining that they had already won them all.
44450_dsc03426.jpg

And here's the pullet I think is lovely...
44450_dsc03453.jpg

I'm going to work on the other pics and will try to get them so they aren't sideways before I add them if you're interested, mostly headshots of some really cool looking roosters.....

Back
Top Bottom