Oily stains on clothing

Quote:
I love your humor, CityGirl!
lau.gif

hugs.gif

A mechanic where I used to work gave me the tip to use WD-40 (which is fish oil) to "reactivate" the oil/grease stain that had been through the washer and dryer and then use dish detergent to treat that before rewashing. I have discovered that I like to use Zote in place of the dish det. But most times, this has taken the stain out with only one treatment. He said if it didn't get it out with one try, usually it would with two.

here is an old method that works when nothing else will... If you are going to throw it out anyway then try oven cleaner. It is the best at removing grease... I will tell you this... I have removed grease stains from silk and had my shirt like new again. Good luck with that... oh and stains on white... (not necesarily grease).... Lemon and salt on whites in the sunshine...

I use a product called Goo Gone and it works every time. Don't get the laundry stain remover, get the one that comes in a bottle. It look oily when you put it on but washes out. It is advertised as removing sticker residue. You used to be able to get it at Walmart. Try it, you will be amazed
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom