Ok a few questions about getting my babies

first time farmer

Songster
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
New Hampshire
Ok so i got the email this morning that my chicks are coming at the end of the month. So I have a few questions. There are 3 post offices in my town should i call all three and ask what post office they will be shipped to?While I am at school will they be ok if they are in a brooder in my basement.

I would suggest that you call & find out which one they will go to. Then, if it is at all practical for you, visit that P.O. a couple days before you expect them to arrive. Speak with someone at the desk and leave a note with your name and number(s). My note asked my post office to call me when my chicks got in - expecting a call at 7:30 or 8 a.m. Oh no! They called far earlier that that. Understand that they might pull your babies off a truck at 5:00 or so.
The chicks will be just fine if you can get them settled in before school.
Good luck. I am excited for you!
cool.png

Quote:
Do all three post offices have the same zip code? If not, the chicks will be sent to the PO that has the exact zip code as what you wrote on the address part of your order.

Also, the chicks will be okay in the brooder in your basement while you are at school if they are warm enough and cannot escape the brooder (and if your other pets are kept away from them).

Quote:
Do all three post offices have the same zip code? If not, the chicks will be sent to the PO that has the exact zip code as what you wrote on the address part of your order.

Also, the chicks will be okay in the brooder in your basement while you are at school if they are warm enough and cannot escape the brooder (and if your other pets are kept away from them).

Yes all three have the same zip code. And my dog stays out side so he cant get at the chicks. So i think i am good thanks for every ones help.

I agree with the other posts. Your chicks will be ok as long as they have plenty of heat around 95 degrees for the first week, feed and water. Good luck!!! Please post some pics when you get them.
jumpy.gif
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif
caf.gif

Quote:
Will do! Ok so i am really worried now. I was reading some posts about people not getting there chicks or a lot of them being dead. I am so worried now. Does stuff like that normaly happen.

It can happen. Most of the time ppl. loose chicks due to weather conditions. You should be fine. Just read all the articles that you can so you will be as prepaired as possible. You will do just fine and i hope you love your chicks. Good Luck and Welcome to BYC.

Quote:
Will do! Ok so i am really worried now. I was reading some posts about people not getting there chicks or a lot of them being dead. I am so worried now. Does stuff like that normaly happen.

My chicks came this morning. I was so scared to open the box.

They ALL made it, looks like they are all fine. They shipped yesterday. My post office called this morning. They were home twenty minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom