OK, Can't rebuild, what are my options (Realistic Please)

I think its worth a try. At least if they need to be physically put to bed it won't be cold as you do it. It's not the warm weather that keeps them outside, it's daylight. You may need to help them the firsr time or so. Try this. Shine a flashlight inside the coop. They don't like the dark and will gravitate to the light. Once they have done this a time or two they will figure out that it will be dark out and they feel safer inside.
They haven’t as of yet. They have been cooped up in the coop for a week now.

I would give them a big chunk of sod in a pan to pick through. They can get grit and other interesting things, and can be building immunities from the soil in preparation for going outside.

I would give them a big chunk of sod in a pan to pick through. They can get grit and other interesting things, and can be building immunities from the soil in preparation for going outside.
Yeppers...and that's a good place to sprinkle just a bit of chick sized granite grit.

Make sure this is not commercially treated sod, as that's usually heavily treated with fertilizers.

A chunk out of a spot in your lawn is good, as long as you know it hasn't been treated for anything recently.

Back
Top Bottom