OK Chicken Tenders... I need some help

Aug 5, 2021
Copperas Cove, TX
I have a sweet scissor beak that I worry about. I put food in a deep plastic bowl for her to make sure she is able to eat. However, she scratches at the bowl and knocks it over(the others do it too). Any ideas what I can use to put food in for her that they cannot knock over? Thanks so much!

We use feeders made out of PVC that have wooden stands to hold them up. They look like a trough and they are deep enough to accommodate a scissor beak.
Have you considered a hanging feeder?
I have a feeder that I do have handing in their pen but its your typical looking feeder that comes with the starter kit. I am not sure it is deep enough. Do they have deeper feeders I can hang?

I have a sweet scissor beak that I worry about. I put food in a deep plastic bowl for her to make sure she is able to eat. However, she scratches at the bowl and knocks it over(the others do it too). Any ideas what I can use to put food in for her that they cannot knock over? Thanks so much!
You could try something heavier like a ceramic bowl if you don't want to go through the trouble of making a PVC feeder.

What about something like this...

Attachments

• feeder.PNG
    feeder.PNG
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
  • feeder2.PNG
    feeder2.PNG
    38.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom