Ok...day 18...**Total Loss**

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
...and I've pretty much convinced myself these eggs are not going to hatch.
sad.png
There was so much trouble during incubation, I just feel they're definitely duds.
Only trouble is, they're so dark, EE eggs, that the only thing I can see is a well defined air cell, and the rest of the eggs is solid black.
So, the humidity is up, it was 63% the last time I checked, and they're out of the "turner."
So, send happy hatching thoughts our way, but like I said, I REALLY don't think they're going to hatch.
shakehead.gif

Hey - is there anyone that's tried using a stethoscope on an egg? I'm an old peds nurse and have one of those itty bitty heads that you use on premies and such.

I should dig it out (wherever it may be...) and see if I can hear anything.

Em

Last edited:
Hey Em,

Have a little faith. I bet they are dark, b/c the embryo has grown so much. It's hard to see in the EE eggs. Hang in there! Since it's only day 18 the show is just beginning.

I'm on day 18 w/ my 2 lonley BO eggs. I've been wondering the same thing about these eggs.

Keep me posted! I'm sending good wishes your way for your hatch!
smile.png

Thanks - same to you.
smile.png

I'm down to 3 eggs, all EE. The others were bad. The two darker brown eggs had babies, but I'd say they died around day 11.
sad.png
Another got STINKY.

So, other than looking in the 'bator window every 15 seconds, we're doing OK, right?
roll.png

Em

Thanks! I need all the luck I can get. My first batch of shipped eggs got jiggled by the PO, so there was no development. After day 14 I gently sawed them open to find scrambled yolks on some & some had ruptured airsacs. I was soooo sad!

These BO are local from a friend. She felt sorry for me and sent 3 of them over to me on Easter weekend. Only two were fert. I was so thrilled at day 7 to see any signs of life. It made me feel better about this old incubator that I'm using.

Now the waiting game begins.
big_smile.png

Have you bitten off all your fingernails yet?

Tomjorrow is day 18 for me as well and I am also down to 3 eggs.# of mine were clear and the rest were maybe 7ish days and stopped growing.Last nite the 3 were still moving so I hope they hatch.

So, I'm laying in bed, listening to my husband SNORE and decide I may as well get up and check BYC. He usually only snores for a half hour or so, then it's safe to attempt sleep.

On my way to the computer, I stop to press my nose to the window of the incubator, only to hear a slight tapping noise.

fl.gif

Please, oh, please, oh, PLEASE!!!! Let this be a baby starting to pip.

Em

Em how exciting!!!
I am going on day 20 and am waiting for my little ones to make there apperance. Sooo exausting being so excited!
lol.png
yippiechickie.gif

Do not worry about the eggs being dark....
That is a GOOD sighn!
wee.gif

pop.gif
.....and the waiting begins......

Well, the one that actually pipped expired sometime after that. It's little beak tip was right at the hole, and it's gone.
hit.gif

My Dad called and asked if it was all right to stop over this morning for coffee, and I asked him if he still had Grandfather's old projector. He does, he brought it over this morning, and the other two eggs are a total loss.

One stopped developing I guess sometime after day 7, and the other one much more recently, maybe within the past week.

No more incubating until I get my Top Hatch. I'm too sad.

Em

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom