ok, first actual post on here, a couple questions...

Wow that sounds like a very nice setup. We will definitley be incorporating solar power into our new "country home" As that is my husbands business and we are already set up with it now in the city. Love what you have done with your fenceline. need to google what "no-climb" fence is.

welcome-byc.gif
I am just to the north of Greenville and have had chickens for a year. Hawks are a real danger and roaming dogs too. We built our coop/covered run and have enjoyed our set-up a lot, you can be as fancy or functional as you want or need, I'm in a neighbor hood so mine had to be cute so there would be no complaints.
It seems that you are doing your homework, this is a great site to get lots of great info. Watch Craigs list for coops and other sheds that can be converted into a coop. Decide now how many chickens you want and then plan to have a coop that will house twice that many chickens, watch out for chicken math, it's real. Have fun with your move and your new home.

Are you actually in Greenville county?? Your Avi says North Carolina so just wondering. I tried to search the ordianances in Greenville county and could not quite find the right section yet. Where I am now is in the dead of the suburbs and it says they ARE allowed but there structure must be more than 100 feet from the neighbors house so that rules it out. I think i will probabally go the cute route. My husband told me that after we move I can just show him what I want on the websites that sell them and he will build it for me. He is a carpentry genius, and Is also a master plumber and used to be an electritian too so our chickens will probabally have all running facilities and cable TV and maybe even solar panels cause thats what he does for a living right now. Building the fancy coop isnt the problem, I just kind of wanted the chickens to be free. It sounds like that is a fantastical kind of idea now that I have read the opinions here. Thanks for all the help so far.
welcome-byc.gif
I am just to the north of Greenville and have had chickens for a year. Hawks are a real danger and roaming dogs too. We built our coop/covered run and have enjoyed our set-up a lot, you can be as fancy or functional as you want or need, I'm in a neighbor hood so mine had to be cute so there would be no complaints.
It seems that you are doing your homework, this is a great site to get lots of great info. Watch Craigs list for coops and other sheds that can be converted into a coop. Decide now how many chickens you want and then plan to have a coop that will house twice that many chickens, watch out for chicken math, it's real. Have fun with your move and your new home.

Back
Top Bottom