Ok Geese owners - INFORM ME!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Ok, So, im getting two goslings in a month or two after my new run is built - anything I should be prepared for? Ive got ducks and have had them for three years so im prepared with the pools, corn, huts, and such.

My mom was wondering the pros and cons of having them and not having them with a flock of ducks - such as bills, protection, $$ and such.

Pictures of geese ( any breed) are welcome. Also pictures of your set ups, goslings, feeders - basically anything you feel like sharing
smile.png

well the number one thing i would say is how much time you spend with them now really effects their behavior when theyre grown. I got my first goslings last year (two brown chinese). I was expecting them to be some what agressive. I was WRONG. I spent a lot of time with them when they were babies so now they are really attached to me now. Everyone time i go outside they come running to greet me. Now i cant wait till they have their first hatch
smile.png

I have two Embden geese, 1 male and 1 female and the female is very nice but the male is very mean, but here is a pic of them anyway:

45194_cimg0171.jpg

Back
Top Bottom