Ok, I am now the crazy chicken lady that puts eggs in her bra!

mycutekitties

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Modesto, California
It's official. I crossed the line into crazy town today.

So I'm hatching eggs in my class and 21st day was Wednesday. The 1st chick hatched Monday morning and the others Tues & Wed. Somehow after I left yesterday one of the kids in the afternoon class somehow turned the incubator knob all the way to make it colder. When my co-teacher came in the incubator was at 70 this morning! The babies were alive but huddled together to keep warm. I turned the incubator up hoping to warm them up quickly. Then this morning the family that was taking the chicks came in to take home the babies (6 of them).
There was 2 eggs left in the incubator and I thought that they didn't make it. And I was ALMOST going to toss them and I hear faint churping from a very small Silkie egg. HOLLY COW!! It's still alive and starting to hatch. I knew my incubator temp was way off so what did it do???
(I can't believe I am going to admit to this!).....

I stuck the egg IN MY BRA and took it to my house where I have another incubator running. I only live 5 min from school. So I can't believe I did it but I knew my bra was worm and close to 99 degrees.
The baby hatched today around 10 a.m. and is doing great!
6420d272.jpg

Don't worry! I put him back in the incubator after this pic.

Back
Top Bottom