ok I have a worming question?

chickenlady08

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Shore, VA
I know this is old news to some of you guys and I have read lots of posts about what type of womer to use for my chickens. Well my kids and I went outside to let them out of their coops and had to fill up feeders and usual chores. Well I broke my foot last Monday so I am not much help right now so I had to sit down and prop my foot up. Well while sitting down I had some girls all around and I was petting them and once they moved I looked down and saw a weird looking (old) poop that was partially dried upand inside it was a whitish colored worm that at first son said it was a root and I thought it was a spaghetti noodle (which I knew it wasn't but similiar) it curled up so I knew it was not a root and was a worm. From what I have read I believe it to be a round worm.

Ok my question is 1) what wormer should I use and is it possible to have more than one type of worm? 2l I know to worm everbody but I also have 2 ducks and 2 geese. They all free range together and of course eat and drink out of the same containers. Is it safe to worm ducks and geese to just in case they have worms to? 3) and also a floow up wormer to treat a week or so later?

Thanks a lot

Lisa

Since you're limited as to what you can do, due to your broken foot and cant individually worm your birds; I recommend using wazine 17 for your birds...one ounce per gallon of water for 24 hours. Follow up in 14 days with Safeguard 10% suspension liquid goat wormer...3cc/ml per gallon of water. Withdrawal is 14 days the wazine and 14 days for the safeguard. You could substitute the safeguard for ivomec 1% injectable cattle ivermectin.... mix 4cc/ml per one gallon of water and it must be their only water they get for 2 days, 14 days withdrawal period as well. Note: These are all dosages for chickens....I dont know about ducks or geese, but they should work for them as well. Albeit someone may have something to add about ducks and geese worming.

Back
Top Bottom