OK I HAVE TO VENT!!! UPDATE UPDATE U R NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Wow.. the more I talk to people the more see it's happened to alot of people. but she was pretty rude and didn't even read my app...thats what bothered me.

A lot of these rescues have some creeps for fosters. We found the perfect dog, the woman was nice to us and told us we would be perfect as long as the home inspection went well. So, I was not there for the inspection and I call my mom to see how it went. She told me the woman thought it was a bad idea because we were remodeling and it would be to traumatic for the dog. Obviously something was screwy but we accepted it and went on looking for another dog.
So, a few weeks later I am in the dog park with our other dog. I see the dog we were going to adopt and I approach the foster woman (very warmly) and said "Hi, isn't this ----?(I can't remember her name now it was years ago) My mom told me that the dog was to timid to be around the noise of the remodeling...." and she takes a second to figure out who I am and then she gets this disgusted look on her face and said something along these lines "Oh my God! Your the daughter of that woman that breeds cats! I can't believe she thought she could adopt from me! You people make me sick!" and she walks away. My mom does breed Siamese cats. Two litters a year. She takes excellent care of every one of her animals, and gives them to excellent homes. I have never liked breeding because there are so many animals that need homes already and I don't care what breed a dog is. But I don't think people that breed responsibly are bad people. I would NEVER judge anyone as long as they take care of the animals and don't sell them on the street corner. So, I am standing there with my mouth open trying to figure out what the hell just happened. I was just so of guard, by the time I felt the rush of rage, she was gone.

If that happened to me today, that woman would have been slapped across the face for saying that to me. She wasn't only insulting me, she was saying this about my mother! My mother is a wonderful person, has always gone to any length to take care of her animals. Between both our dogs that died of cancer years ago, she spent an average $40,000 (that she didn't have) in vet bills trying to save their lives. Ginger our dog with bone cancer had to have her leg amputated and when she was to weak to walk my mom would take her EVERYWHERE in a sling because she didn't like her wheelchair. Bailey, the dog we ended up adopting has a severe seizure disorder. He was dumped twice because of this. The most he has ever had is 20 grand mall seizures in 24 hours. My mom has never even considered giving him back.
Anyway, I am getting upset thinking about this horrible woman. My point is that my parents would have given this dog one of the best homes possible and this woman actually said these terrible things right to my face! So, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Don't let her get to you, some people can be so self righteous. There are creeps like that where ever you go. If I were you, I would forget about everything and keep looking. There are so many pure breed dogs for rescue. Actually, all the dogs we have adopted are pure bred. It wasn't even intentional, first we got a Golden Retriever, then a Manchester Terrier (I didn't even know of the breed, I just fell in love when I saw him
smile.png
) And recently, my brother had a Staffordshire Terrier dumped on him by someone that just decided he didn't want him anymore. My brother could not take care of him so my parents offered to keep him.
Sorry for the mile long post. I just wanted to let you know that your not the only one that was treated this way. I hope you find your puppy soon!

^ That is terrible!

But this
Quote:
... you have GOT to be kidding me! If we all lived in a world of "what ifs" then none of us would go anywhere, nor would we dare put our precious children in a moving vehicle and dare to put them on the roads... I mean... OMG, there are other vehicles on those roads... our kids could be involved in an accident! The dog could break it's leg... good heavens.
roll.png

Anyway, I was around 3 rescue groups yesterday and will be around more today. Let me tell you, the personalities of those people is something I really strive for. NOT! Some of them look at you like they want to
smack.gif
you just for looking at them.
rant.gif

Actually a pup found me!!! A mutt!! we named her Clover!!! you can see pics of her throughout the post!!

Ya i know i think they were a bit much. When i was looking for a dog recently i stumbled on a dog at my local shelter i liked but it was an older dog i call the place asked them about him they told me he came of the streets so they know nothing about him. So i went and looked at him we liked him but just before we adopted him we asked if he does not work out can we return him.They said no and we would have to pay them $30 to return him we decided not to get him just in case he did not like the activity level in the house with the kids running and screaming around. so rules are so stupied they should be happy that someone wants a dog and give them a chance.

Our local shelters do the same thing!!! you have to pay to adopt and pay if you need to return them...

Sounds like to me this woman is a total nut case control freak. You give these people any kind of power at all, they always take it to the highest level without any regard to who they may hurt.

First of all,
he.gif
barnie.gif
somad.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif

Quote:
If you think about it it makes sense

Maybe $30 is a bit much but they do need to pay for the expenses of these animals

Also, i don't believe in cat breeding but that doesn't have much to do with adopting a spayed/neutered dog. I would complain to that agency/shelter/pound/etc

Quote:
If you think about it it makes sense

Maybe $30 is a bit much but they do need to pay for the expenses of these animals

Also, i don't believe in cat breeding but that doesn't have much to do with adopting a spayed/neutered dog. I would complain to that agency/shelter/pound/etc

It does
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom