OK I HAVE TO VENT!!! UPDATE UPDATE U R NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!

I know how you feel... people are weird...it's like you give them a little power and they go crazy... She was really nice to my sister in law though... probably to spite me.. LOL that girl from the rescue is a whole crazy wrapped in one package... but it worked out for both of us... I ended up with Clover and you with your orange kitty....IDK it's sad 'cause they are turning away good people.
barnie.gif

I had not really wanted another dog after my yorkie died, but my son bought my GS a am/St for his 2nd birthday, He is air force and was transferred to Peterson in COS, and could not take the dog ,by that time I had fallen in love with her soI ended up with a pit, Next came the poodle mix, on the way to the pound to be put to sleep, my GD brought her home and gave her to me. Next= the great dane, My GD moved and could not take her so its to grandma's house she goes. Last but not least, My yorkie, rescued from an abusive home. I have a 5 lb RIR roo that will chase all 4 dogs into the house, they are terrified of him. So its never dull at my house. and I'm sure that clover will be the one you should have, marrie

boy that rescue takes the cake. I thought my story was bad.

I wanted to BUY a nova scotia duck tolling retriever puppy from a breeder that is relatively close. Had the whole app filled out. I am a vet tech, have rescued ect. I wanted to show, train for hunting. I got flatly refused because on my app they wanted to know all animals owned. I put I had rabbits and tollers are know for having a prey drive. She said it would be inappropriate as the dog would kill the rabbits. Now the kicker is, that in her contract she requires they be fed raw. I then informed her that the rabbits were in outdoor hutches and they are here to make DOG FOOD, like the raw she requires. She told me it was too late once she denies an app thats it??????

OMG that is crazy!!! I don't understand that, People are weird... My SIL is getting one of their dogs.. I wonder if she stood up for me and told them they screwed up...

I am very sorry any "re$ue" charging 325 for an un altered animal is a back yard breeder to begin with. not a legit "re$cue.

Here is something You can ask of thse so called " re$ues"

When they demand a Home Visit, I always answer Yes right after I visit your home to see what conditions the animal is coming from.
You will be amazed how many of these re$cues are filth ridden dump sites. And will immediately refuse you an animal based on the fact you had the tenacity to question the living conditions of said animal.
I see that refusal as an instant red flag why shouldnt you expect to inspect where the animal resides?

Personally NO ONE should allow a complete stranger into their home for any reason, I dont care what they claim to be.
You cannot for one minute say all re$cue people are honest to the bone.
What if that re$cue person or co worker is a thief, rapist, killer? NOT All background checks are 100 % fail safe.

Personally I would never purchase an animal from any re$cue not even the Humane $ociety. They are not in it for the animal they are in it for the money only.

Now before you get our knickers in a knot , I worked for the Humane $ociety for many years before they became all about Money and destroying the rights to own, work or breed anmals.
People should really carefully checkinto the finances of all re$cues they are dealing with , death rates, placement rates, money coming in and money being put towards Vetting and training.

You have the rights to ask for this information. What ever question they ask you to answer you have the right to ask of them. If they balk you walk.

Last edited:
Quote:
I like that... good saying. Yeah I don't know I guess I just rubbed her the wrong way....

I wonder what she would have said if you had said that your brother-in-law, who is also your vet, gave you that list of questions to ask before you adopted a puppy.
hmm.png

Anyway, forget her... how's Clover?

Quote:
She is sooo cute... we are working on potty
he.gif
training.... Also I think the panacure upsets her tummy alittle
sickbyc.gif
. The first time we gave it to her we gave it at dinner time.. she was up ALL night. Then yesterday I gave it to her with her breakfast and she slept from 1:30 to 7 am this morning. Look at my other thread about her I posted new pics that my daughter took. Too cute. Thanks for asking...
hugs.gif

Last edited:
so sorry for what happened i tried to adopt a retired racing greyhound they denied me cause i had moles in my yard. they said the dog could break it leg in one of the holes. So i dont go to rescuers no more i got to the classified to find my dogs

Back
Top Bottom