OK I HAVE TO VENT!!! UPDATE UPDATE U R NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Quote:
I think she's a Min Pin also. As you saw from my post of Prissy, (who looks exactly like Ginger) that's what we are calling her and that's what everyone who has seen her calls her - even other Min Pin owners say she's a pure blood Min Pin though probably not one from a serious breeder who tries to stick to size standards and other conformance. Probably more like the "breeder" we got the GSD puppy (Scarlett) from. She had a white (unregistered) GSD and bred her to someone's (unregistered) black/tan GSD just so she could sell puppies. She never had the mother vet checked or the puppies. Had them outside in a dirty little dog cage by the side of the road. Deplorable conditions. She even told me how the previous batches of puppies kept getting run over by cars so she locked these up. At first sight I wanted to run but I saw poor Scarlett, the only one who even looked like a GSD (I swear those other puppies had some other kind of dog for a daddy, they didn't have the right "anything" to be called GSD). I bought her at full price because by looking around I could tell the woman needed the money (I know don't get me started but I'm a softie) and since it was late on a Friday I couldn't take her to vet till Tuesday when they reopened. She almost died over the weekend she got so weak. Her gums were white. Had to make emergency vet call and get Panacure and treat her and hand feed her. By Tuesday she was better and worm free on her vet check up but the vet said she had to give the breeder a huge bottle of Panacure (breeder couldn't afford it) because she had brought one of the puppies in because the litter was dying and they were "racked full of hook worms - loaded". I told the vet that she was selling 11 puppies for $250 each (though neither parent was registered) so she could afford a vet visit and medicine. A couple of months later I saw the same "breeder" in the vets office and she said she still hadn't sold the last two puppies and she was tired of feeding them so she was taking them to the local pound. It's a kill after two days shelter that no one visits. Even the vet and the other people in the clinic said "You know what will happen to them?" She said "Yes, but it's that or my husband is going to throw them off the bridge." I told her I would take them but I never heard from her again.

Long way of saying......it's really sad what goes on out there in the pet world.

It's a real shame that anyone can breed dogs and sell them as registered or pure breeds. Even worse that people don't get their pets spayed/neutered and the offspring end up on the streets.

OMG! Thats a horrible story Ruth! There you go being at the right place at the right time....I swear god takes you to everyone of your animals to save them from something.....

Edited to add, or he drops them off on your doorstep
wink.png

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested feist for Ginger's breed. Most of them have white markings, but I looked them up and it appears they can be solid. My brother has one.

Like most rescue places, most seem to have the" holier than thou" attitude. Especialy horse rescues and i'm a horse person that believes in taking care of your animals.

Last edited:
And if you do include a nice picture of your cute lil mutt dog and thank her for turning you down....I'm so bad I know, Dont listen to me...She would feel stupid for accusing you of trying to be a breeder then.

Quote:
LOL my bro in law is my vet and he was telling me today he wanted to call her and tell her what a horrible mistake she made... He was my vet for 8 years before he married my sister. He has helped me with rescues and knows what I'm about...but I told him no because I think she just has a bad opinion about me and she would probably think he was crazy for calling...

MY sis in law got the AmStaff pup from the same litter.... She probably accepted my sis in law thinking it would kill me.... little does she know...

Quote:
Well I looked up fiest and the description almost describes her to a T. She is a hunter...she hunts everything..my neighbors love to watch her (as do we) when she is in the back yard hunting...nothing is safe, moths, butterflies, squirrels, birds....she has killed more small animals than all of my dogs past and present...

Grrrr! I hate the holier-than-thou rescue types. I tried to rescue a cat once, had picked out this beautiful sweet little white kitten. We were at the rescue place *just* before closing and had been told that we could come back in the morning and pick the cat up, fill out paperwork, etc.
Well later that night the woman sent me an email saying that someone came right after us (in the few minutes before the people left? what the heck) and took the cat home that night. I was heartbroken.
And the woman had been suspicious of us because we didn't have any cats at the time, and it would be my first cat. We weren't "cat people," therefore we were unacceptable. Hello, you have to start somewhere!
So I went to the pound, where there were about 30 kittens and they barely did any background checks at all... and ended up with a sweet, loving orange tabby that I have showered with love ever since. All's well that ends well... but still it makes you feel so crummy when people say that you're "unworthy." Who are they to judge???

Back
Top Bottom