• Total voters
Pics

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
So... I'm getting a puppy - this Saturday, January 6th!
I went and visited the breeder last week, and they treated their dogs well, and all were happy, healthy, and friendly.
I played with some of the puppies, and, after explaining what I'm looking for in a dog, they introduced me to a sweet girl based on their temperament testing. This is a picture I got of her while at the breeder.
1704236694109.png

While they don't breed specifically for service dogs, they do breed for temperament and have had a few of their dogs become service dogs.
This dog is hopefully going to be my psychiatric service dog, but if she isn't quite fit for that, she'll be my emotional support animal. :D

She'll be 8.5 weeks old when I pick her up, in 4 days!

I've done a lot of fostering, including with puppies, and training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, but this is a whole new experience for me! I'd LOVE any suggestions (supplies, training tips and tricks, name ideas, advice, etc.) and favorite toys I should try getting.

The best name I've come up with is "Bridgette", but suggestions are welcome!

I'm very excited to share this journey with you all. I'll post pictures and updates on this thread. Feel free to also just chat away here!

So... I'm getting a puppy - this Saturday, January 6th!
I went and visited the breeder last week, and they treated their dogs well, and all were happy, healthy, and friendly.
I played with some of the puppies, and, after explaining what I'm looking for in a dog, they introduced me to a sweet girl based on their temperament testing. This is a picture I got of her while at the breeder. View attachment 3717474

While they don't breed specifically for service dogs, they do breed for temperament and have had a few of their dogs become service dogs.
This dog is hopefully going to be my psychiatric service dog, but if she isn't quite fit for that, she'll be my emotional support animal. :D

She'll be 8.5 weeks old when I pick her up, in 4 days!

I've done a lot of fostering, including with puppies, and training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, but this is a whole new experience for me! I'd LOVE any suggestions (supplies, training tips and tricks, name ideas, advice, etc.) and favorite toys I should try getting.

The best name I've come up with is "Bridgette", but suggestions are welcome!

I'm very excited to share this journey with you all. I'll post pictures and updates on this thread. Feel free to also just chat away here!
She’s adorable!!! Did you end up going with that first breeder you mentioned or someone else?

I love the name Bridgette! I have heard that dogs respond best to two syllable names that end in a vowel, so maybe keep that in mind if training is important to you? I admit that could also be complete bs.
I *think* Bridgette has two syllables and ends in a vowel
What breed is she? A lab mix? She's so sweet and adorable, congrats! 🤩
Golden Retriever!

She’s adorable!!! Did you end up going with that first breeder you mentioned or someone else?
I did end up going with them, after going and meeting them in person. I didn’t see any red flags, and they certainly weren’t pressuring me or anything.

Back
Top Bottom