OK I HAVE TO VENT!!! UPDATE UPDATE U R NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Quote:
She's a mutt, my husband calls her a Labradork because she's such a nut. Part Black Lab, part who knows what! She came from a good rescue.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/cara_buk/kodiak.jpg

^ I see Labrador/Spaniel, and... WHAT A SWEET FACE!!!!!
love.gif

Thanks, she's my pride and joy
smile.png
She's a SAR dog in training and has a heart of gold. She 'crinkles' like a spaniel when she gets wet, but she's a lot bigger than one. She probably has more than two breeds in her ancestry, I think she may have some setter or Golden Retriever in her but she couldn't care less about birds.

Quote:
She's a mutt, my husband calls her a Labradork because she's such a nut. Part Black Lab, part who knows what! She came from a good rescue.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/cara_buk/kodiak.jpg

^ I see Labrador/Spaniel, and... WHAT A SWEET FACE!!!!!
love.gif

OMG she is beautiful!! kinda resembles a flat coated retriever.. a l'il. You should do the genetic testing too. LOL let's all do it!!! ...lol

Quote:
OMG she does look like Ginger!! That is hilarious and about the same size too... our big shep mix just passed away a couple months ago he was a l'il big than a purebreed but the size comparison is the same...

At least when you got rejected they read your app..she wouldn't even read my based on my questions.. I too think my sis in law should walk a way but she knows the story and it's her decision... so...

Quote:
I know you said it and a matter of hours later it happened. Little did we know she would find us...3 days so far and no one has tried to claim her....
fl.gif
is there a please don't let the owners come forward prayer?

The funny thing is that after all of my years rescuing dogs and cats, my husband was like.."I would like a purebreed...just once." And he loves AmStaffs (Sheps are his big time fav but he wanted a dog with shorter hair) so that's why we put the app in for a purebreed...and then HE was the one to fall in love and bring home a l'il mutt!!
lau.gif
But he's really happy... so I am glad.

But the great thing is I feel that we didn't find her she found us...
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Adoption Refusals: No shelter has a crystal ball, they will sometimes refuse adopting to a potentially good owner or worse, adopt animals to an unsatisfactory owner. Good shelters try hard to match the right pet with the right owner and give the new owner realistic expectations about their new companion.

I haven't read the whole thread but i thought you might want to read these​

Thanks for the info... I feel like even though she was a complete doodyhead it really wasn't meant to be... I am so in love wth Clover... She seems to fit perfectly in our family.. except when she kicks ginger out of her crate... Ginger get s mad.... lol

I think she may have some setter or Golden Retriever in her but she couldn't care less about birds.

lau.gif
That doesn't mean anything. We have a purebred lab that is very well papered. Grandmother had been in Duck Unlimited magazines and on TV. We didn't get her to duck hunt or anything (which is good), just feel in love with her sweet personality. We got her when she was about 6 months old and she is now almost 7yrs old. She will not fetch a stick to save her life and doesn't even look twice at the birds
roll.png
Didn't care for water until just a few yrs ago. She is more like a lap dog. She will mother hen everything wether it be a rescue kitten or a rescue deer (even tries to nurse them). She also takes care of the sick kids, she will go lay in there bed right beside them and they just hold onto her like a big teddy bear
hugs.gif
She is definetly not your typical lab.
love.gif
But we love her all the same.
Anyways it just goes to show that not every breed is typical.

BTW - everyone has some nice looking dogs.
clap.gif

Quote:
the only thing with 4-h is the dog and kid has to compete in obedience if you want to compete at all but its the same events and every thing.

I would check the rules where you live, because they vary county to county. Here you can show in whatever you want. You do not have to show in obedience if you don't want to, or anything else for that matter.

Quote:
DO NOT LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST, DO NOT LOOK AT NOTICES POSTED AROUND YOUR COMMUNITY, DO NOT LOOK IN THE CLASSIFIEDS, ETC., ETC., ETC.

In this case ignorance really is bliss.
wink.png

Quote:
DO NOT LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST, DO NOT LOOK AT NOTICES POSTED AROUND YOUR COMMUNITY, DO NOT LOOK IN THE CLASSIFIEDS, ETC., ETC., ETC.

In this case ignorance really is bliss.
wink.png

LOL you are awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom