Ok I'm Getting the Fever....

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
I was at the feed store thank god they were out of chicks Whew But unfortunantley they had the cutest lil ducklings so i'm thinking why not a few ducks.. Ive been researching housing all day..seems simple enough. Now would like some info or general care and feeding. Anybody? Maybe a link or something. Thanks

they are like rasing chickens. heat lamp no draft lower the temp 5deg. a week until 70deg. then you can remove the lamp. un-medicated chick starter or duck and water fowl starter. they grow really fast so you might wanna skip ahead and just buy a big water contaner or a few little ones. my babies are 19days and drink about 1 1/2 gallons a water every 12hrs or more! lots of people use diff. bedding. i used a towel the first week but with in a few days i had to wash it 3 times a day. then i did horse stall pellets. they are okay for a few ducks but i had 13 and had to change it morning and befor bed. now i am on pine shavings (oh yeah no ceder for ducks) and i have to change them 2-3 times a day and when they get all wet they REALLY stink! next im trying straw.
hope that helps lots of people do it diff. ways and you should get lots of good ideas. good luck with the babies;)

Back
Top Bottom