OK, it's official, Coturnix ARE as tame, at least, as chickens!

Quote:
Bitter Much ????????

I knew joe was going to get a lot of flack for his comment, and I see where he is coming from, to be honest books aren't always 100% accurate, and its easier listening to someone with experience rather then someone quoting from a book or repeating what they think someone else said

IO guess i dont see where Mrs Fluffy Puffy was giving any advice.. I just think a lil kindness goes a long way.. He seemed to be very sarcastic with his comment even though he knew this was a younger person...

Oh Joe
smile.png
Let Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Read about Coturnix and learn
tongue.png
She may get some one day after all. I don't see where she gave advise. But let's move one...this thread was just to share the tameness of these creatures afterall
smile.png

With this said, my Stella...first coturnix ever...thought it would be cool to escape out of his cage with Cinderella his Jumbo mate (He is a Pharaoh..she a Jumbo...funny looking pair)...they were not patient with me and went to the kitchen and stood in front of the fridge!

Never mind.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy -- Ignore the rudeness. Someday I'll bet you have your quail!

Last edited:
joe125: Yes coturnix are lovely creatures!
Would it be possible for a committed coturnix raiser to give advice on coturnix without an 800000 poster (without any practical experience) running rough shod over people that have actually raised a few thousand of the little critters?

Your BOOK WORK is spot on, but giving advice on birds that your mother won't let you raise is inconceivable to me. I know that making a child cry is is the death nail here, but please wait until you have hatched/brooded and grown out a species of quail, before you hand out advice to others.

I do not quiet get you!
hmm.png

All I said was I thought they're "Lovely" and that I doubt I could get any because I was already raising Button Quail.
smile.png
How is that handing out advice?
What's the deal wit the BOOK WORK???
hu.gif

I am very confused here!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

joe125: Yes coturnix are lovely creatures!
Would it be possible for a committed coturnix raiser to give advice on coturnix without an 800000 poster (without any practical experience) running rough shod over people that have actually raised a few thousand of the little critters?

Your BOOK WORK is spot on, but giving advice on birds that your mother won't let you raise is inconceivable to me. I know that making a child cry is is the death nail here, but please wait until you have hatched/brooded and grown out a species of quail, before you hand out advice to others.

I do not quiet get you!
hmm.png

All I said was I thought they're "Lovely" and that I doubt I could get any because I was already raising Button Quail.
smile.png
How is that handing out advice?
What's the deal wit the BOOK WORK???
hu.gif

I am very confused here!

Mrs Fluffy i think Joe may just be lonely and really needed someone to talk put down to make him feel better... I wouldnt worry about him at all ...
hugs.gif

They are great entertainment aren't they!
love.gif
pop.gif
gig.gif
They're mostly tame at least.
i wish my English whites were as sweet as my Jumbos. The E.W.s are SPASTIC. i haven't done anything different with them than the Jumbos but they practically kill themselves everytime i'm near..DUMB birds!
barnie.gif

today my Jumbo" baby" coturnix decided i wasn't giving them their treats quickly enough. As fast as i'd open a door to feed them they'd try to get into the dish that was in my hand...crazzzzzy kids! All of them hollering at me to hurry up with the goodies.
One of my J.Browns found his voice this morning ..it sounds exactly like he's saying "i'm a BRAT!" and he IS ....a mean ,bullying BRAT.

come on people ...let's share the FUNNY /TAME things that our Coturnix do or have done in the past
lau.gif
pop.gif
love.gif

Let's also NOT worry about what Joe said, maybe he'll clarify himself ?...no one quite understands what he was trying to say and we could just have misunderstood him ..or he did her.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom