Ok, just HOW LOUD are the *really*?

speckledhen, thats a great idea about a broody hatching some. I'll have to think about that for the spring. I have a broody bantam cochin (this past fall she was determined) who would love to do this. I'd just have to figure out a way to get her "broody" at the right time. Don't know if thats a possibility?

I really loved my guineas and want maybe 5-6 tops. She could probably handle that number.

And about the noise level posts? THEY ARE ALL TRUE! We loved it!

I listened to the sound file...whew...no thanks, that would drive me bonkers. They are very nice looking birds though...

I had a friend that had peacocks, now there is a racket when they go off...sent shivers down my spine...but they didn't do it all that often so it was worth it.

It is HORRIBLE. You have to enjoy the sound, and luckily, I did! Unfortunately, no one else did,lol. Guineas are crazy. They will go off on ANYTHING. A leaf blows by, and they have to tell the world. A Plane flies overhead, the world HAS TO KNOW! And it is LOUD. That's all I can say. Its LOUD! lol.

omg my guineas are mean. I got them full grown but they will freak out it I go to get near them or anything. they looks awsome though, But they are really loud and sometimes annoying but if an unkown animal comes in the yard they will go to sqalking .I have 4 of the little speckled things.

Quote:
you are talking about guns, ATVs, tractors, jeeps and country music blaring all at the same time right? 12 are loud enough to scare off a fox if that helps on the loudness scale.

I love the sound... but as mentioned, they are **very** loud. I may get some and don't really care if it bothers the neighbors, since I'm in an agricultural area.

I remember the first time hearing them, at a farm in England. I thought some small animal was being skewered alive. It's simply amazing how much volume they can pump out.

As mine got older and started sounding off, I really thought my DH was going to kill me for wanting them, but surprisingly, he liked them...alot! You either love them or hate them, not much in-between ground.

OK, so no Guineas then
big_smile.png

I was under the impression that it was an occasional noise, not constant. Yes, the neighbors would kill me. However, if their little yapper-type dog continues carrying on, I may fight fire with fire.

Back
Top Bottom