Ok... Meet "Cocoa".. Can anyone guess what breeds my parents are?

These are the only 3 ducks I have...
9198_1298.jpg

The 2 smaller babies are what usually hatches..
9198_006.jpg

Quote:
Hmmmm... interesting.. The black ducklings that usually hatch, have the white bib. Is black dominant ? All of the Cayuga's eggs that hatch are black, never one like the daddy.

So maybe... all the little black ducklings could be either Cayuga or Black Swedish? Why would it have taken so long for the chocolate color to come out? I've hatched out sooo many ducklings and have shipped soooo many eggs. Until now... only 3 like that have popped up. He/she is the sweetest duck we have ever had. Hope its a girl, praying that tail doesn't curl
fl.gif

they're all camers shy.

black swedish

same one again

same one again

same one again

same one

same one

the lot

the lot again

yes, there are 2 misplaced babies in there. there is a rouen and an unknown jet black duckling. but all the others, yes, even the yellow, and the grey are from mama duck (black swedish). the yellow's dad is peking and the greay dad is, i believe, buff. but the black ones with white cheast as in the first pics are all pure breed black swedish

Last edited:
They are adorable! I see the resemblance. The bill on yours is fully black, mine is 2 toned and so is Cocoa's feet. The 2 females I have were from Metzer Farms, so they should be Pure. I got the daddy from a breeder that said his daddy was crested and his mommy was not but came from crested lines. Do you think I'll ever get a chocolate crested from these? That would be sweeeeet!!

Back
Top Bottom