Aspergillus

Jenniek1210

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2023
Hello,

2 of my 1 year old ducks are being treated for aspergillus with anti biotic and anti fungal. One is not doing very well and had bad X-rays but they said she could still be ok if she can get through this hump and get the meds going . Has anyone treated their ducks for this and had a positive outcome. At this point I feel like I’m torturing them and I’m not sure what to do. I asked the vet if I should put them down and she said no.

yes my one year old runner duck poppy had aspergillosis but not professionally diagnosed by a vet however, the treatment plan given by majestic waterfall sanctuary worked for her. I gave her oxine AH correctly diluted ,, by nebulizer treatments, three times a day for a couple of weeks then twice a day for another week or so and then I switch to colloidal silver in the nebulizer. I’ll see if I can find the link and paste it in another message. I am outside using my cell phone right now and links are hard to manage on my cell.​

Thank you so much . I ordered the nebulizer and oxine . What ratio did you use for the oxine .
6 oz (3/4 cup) per gallon of water ...
I worked it out to be 2 tbsp ( 1 oz) of it into 21.3 oz of water in a spray bottle I use to spray over all the ducks a little and over their bedding to keep the dust down. But also this is the ratio I use in nebulizer. I bought a small portable neb and I put my duck in a small dog crate and attach the nebulizer to the door and cover the crate with towels.

Back
Top Bottom