A detailed look at her bill would reveal that very quickly: Mule ducks almost always have that typical Muscovy bill with that large bean and there should be at least a trace of caruncles around the bill.
My Mule duck has absolutely no caruncles at all but is a Mule for sure. She is absolutely huge and the only male with my Rouen was my huge Muscovy Drake. She has a head that looks more like her Mother and a body like her big huge Drake father.

My Mule duck has absolutely no caruncles at all but is a Mule for sure. She is absolutely huge and the only male with my Rouen was my huge Muscovy Drake. She has a head that looks more like her Mother and a body like her big huge Drake father.
Very interesting! - How does her bill looks like? Is the bean a bit pointing down? Like a hook?

Very interesting! - How does her bill looks like? Is the bean a bit pointing down? Like a hook?
Yes it is and it is a bit darker than the rest of her bill. Her bill is a dark grayish, not quite black. Since I hatched her out in my living room and peeled her out of the egg I was the first person she saw. She is my friendliest duck and comes to get the lettuce from me before anyone else in the flock. She's a real pig being so big, lol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar... occurring,, Blastomyces, and Aspergillus spp.

this article has info about nystatin being effective to fight aspergillus
i got this nystatin powder for pigeons ( and poultry) to use for my Poppy duck
76658297-4950-48FA-942F-834B24CC6EF3.jpeg
i’m trying to figure out the dosage she weight 3.5 lbs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC529246/#:~:text=Nystatin is a naturally occurring,, Blastomyces, and Aspergillus spp.

this article has info about nystatin being effective to fight aspergillus
i got this nystatin powder for pigeons ( and poultry) to use for my Poppy duck View attachment 3758168i’m trying to figure out the dosage she weight 3.5 lbs
im thinking since it says prevention and treatment - i can mix it in the food for all the ducks and chickens? I tried to convert grams to teaspoons and came up with 1 tsp for 4 cups wet food, so I guess I can make a mash for their breakfast!

I made a mash with 2 cups dry all flock and 4 cups warm water (so 6 cups wet food) and added 1.5 tsp Nystatin and they hate it.
Nobody wants to eat it. Probably because they already ate breakfast while I was nebulizing Poppy with Colloidal silver :rolleyes:
Im leaving it out until lunch time and will see how much is left, hmmm

I made a mash with 2 cups dry all flock and 4 cups warm water (so 6 cups wet food) and added 1.5 tsp Nystatin and they hate it.
Nobody wants to eat it. Probably because they already ate breakfast while I was nebulizing Poppy with Colloidal silver :rolleyes:
I shouldn't laugh, but isn't that typical?

Mine would not have touched it with a ten foot pole because they are such picky ducks. Good luck getting them to eat it.

Yes it is and it is a bit darker than the rest of her bill. Her bill is a dark grayish, not quite black. Since I hatched her out in my living room and peeled her out of the egg I was the first person she saw. She is my friendliest duck and comes to get the lettuce from me before anyone else in the flock. She's a real pig being so big, lol.
Oh yes, all the ducks that i have hatched in the CCI last summer and have spent their first hours with me a very friendly today. They never forget their Moms and Dads and are friendly towards them. - Except Walgreens Drake! He probably never forgave me that i took him to the nearest pharmacy (Walgreens) to buy a pipette for him... 😂

Back
Top Bottom