Ok, my friend is ready for my ee roos. One last time, roos or pullets?

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
Ok, my EE chicks are almost 5 wks and almost 6 wks. My friend wants the roos and is willing to take them now, which would give us some room. She is also gonna take the chick that looks like a Jersey Giant from our 3 week pullet group. I would love the extra space. Can you tell me which are roos. I am pretty sure on 2 of them, but not on the others. Any anyone know what color they are? I know some are bluish, but some look almost barred etc.

Here they are!

First the 5-6 week old chicks.

#1 Peaches, pretty sure this is a roo, though I cannot see pointy feathers you guys are always talking about, not sure if I really know what they look like.

peaches-5wks-1.jpg

peaches-5wks-2.jpg

#2 Izzy, pretty sure this is a roo too.

izzy-5wks-1.jpg

izzy-5wks-2.jpg

izzy-5wks-3.jpg

#3 Amber, not sure on her. She was guessed roo before, but does not have as red of a comb.

amber-5wks-1.jpg

amber-5wks-2.jpg

Here are the 4-5 wk chicks.

#4 Pony. This was my favorite baby, I can't tell, its been guessed roo before, comb is not red though.

pony-4wks-1.jpg

pony-4wks-2.jpg

pony-4wks-3.jpg

#5 Prissy, the only one that has been consitently guessed pullet. She is not my favorite though. She is the darkest.
prissy-4wks-1.jpg

prissy-4wks-2.jpg

prissy-4wks-3.jpg

Thank you!!

Quote:
Could it be because they are a week younger than the others (well the last two are a week younger)

Peaches is definitely a roo. He just isn't old enough to have pointed saddle and hackle feathers yet.
smile.png
The second one has a really red comb, but I'm still on the fence on that one. Amber is a pullet and I'm pretty sure Prissy is, too. The other two.... ??

We took Izzy and Peaches to their new home. They will love it! They will get to roam a big yard with about 25 hens! and 2 other roos. We also took the black chick that may be a jersey giant.

Down to 11 total, we need to get down to 8. So we will be giving away three pullets. Now we just have to decide which ones! I think I will wait. If Pony turns out to be a pullet, we will keep her, if not Amber.

Back
Top Bottom