Ok, my friend is ready for my ee roos. One last time, roos or pullets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by babyrnlc, Mar 8, 2011.

1. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Ok, my EE chicks are almost 5 wks and almost 6 wks. My friend wants the roos and is willing to take them now, which would give us some room. She is also gonna take the chick that looks like a Jersey Giant from our 3 week pullet group. I would love the extra space. Can you tell me which are roos. I am pretty sure on 2 of them, but not on the others. Any anyone know what color they are? I know some are bluish, but some look almost barred etc.

Here they are!

First the 5-6 week old chicks.

#1 Peaches, pretty sure this is a roo, though I cannot see pointy feathers you guys are always talking about, not sure if I really know what they look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 Izzy, pretty sure this is a roo too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 Amber, not sure on her. She was guessed roo before, but does not have as red of a comb.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the 4-5 wk chicks.

#4 Pony. This was my favorite baby, I can't tell, its been guessed roo before, comb is not red though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 Prissy, the only one that has been consitently guessed pullet. She is not my favorite though. She is the darkest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you!!

2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    ok, my take is the first 2 are roos, the others are girls- look close, no red on the last three-

3. babyrnlc

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    Quote:Could it be because they are a week younger than the others (well the last two are a week younger)

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Peaches is definitely a roo. He just isn't old enough to have pointed saddle and hackle feathers yet. [​IMG] The second one has a really red comb, but I'm still on the fence on that one. Amber is a pullet and I'm pretty sure Prissy is, too. The other two.... ??

5. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Ok, I think that
    Peaches: Boy
    Izzy: Boy?
    Amber: Girl
    Pony: Girl?
    Prissy: Girl?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  6. babyrnlc

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    We took Izzy and Peaches to their new home. They will love it! They will get to roam a big yard with about 25 hens! and 2 other roos. We also took the black chick that may be a jersey giant.

Down to 11 total, we need to get down to 8. So we will be giving away three pullets. Now we just have to decide which ones! I think I will wait. If Pony turns out to be a pullet, we will keep her, if not Amber.

7. GammaPoppyLilyFlutter

GammaPoppyLilyFlutter Love Comes with Feathers

Jun 26, 2010
    California
    Cockerel, cockerel, pullet, pullet, pullet [​IMG]

Glad they got rehomed to a nice place! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by