Ok, now were hatching! UPDATES!

Quote:
I have four out of 6 BLRW's pipped. Three Ameraucanas doing nothing. One of them I think needs to be tossed. It has three little dried drops of something that have oozed out. The shell looks discolored too. No odor though and I have a nose like a bloodhound!
I finally found feather dusters at WalMart but I had to buy the ostrich ones with the longer feathers. One of my last batch of babies got his toe caught in a tightly wound feather and it was really ugly. I just had the duster laying on th floor of the brooder. Someone suggested hanging it so that they can get under it but not strangle or get themselves caught. I am watching them really close right now but I will remove it before we go to bed. They can cry all they want, I can't hear it upstairs!

Last edited by a moderator:
As always, Mary, I love your pictures!
love.gif
Heck, you could make your very own chick calendar, with all your lovely photos!

So sweet! I just rescued one of my week old chicks that had gotten his toenail caught in his stuffed teddy mama! He'd been like that for a while - lucky I noticed, I thought he had broken his leg for sure - he was walking gingerly afterward and holding it against his body. I think he may have strained as he is walking normally now. I changed out teddies.... prolly just a freak accident. I can't wait to see the rest of yours!!!

Back
Top Bottom