Ok, now were hatching! UPDATES!

Quote:
Nope just two pips and one little guy, the true blue egg I wanted to hatch so badly pipped then zipped thru a blood vessel. Blood was running down the egg. I grabbed it quick, stopped the bleeding and put him back. We'll see. I had one do the same thing last hatch and it did not make it.
hit.gif

Thanks for following along.

Are these the BLRWs? I am so interested in seeing what they look like as peeps. Mine aren't due til next Wed. but there are 6-7 goers so far
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Not yet, these are Ameraucanas, well they are supposed to be, but the yellow one has yellow legs. I do have 3 or 4 BLRW pips. It is hard to tell with these two fools running around in there. I'll post pics of the BLRW as soon as I get one!

Oh, edited to say the little guy with the bleeding hatched about a half hour ago and is quite active. He is black with slate legs. Came from a beautiful blue (not green) egg!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Not yet, these are Ameraucanas, well they are supposed to be, but the yellow one has yellow legs. I do have 3 or 4 BLRW pips. It is hard to tell with these two fools running around in there. I'll post pics of the BLRW as soon as I get one!

Oh, edited to say the little guy with the bleeding hatched about a half hour ago and is quite active. He is black with slate legs. Came from a beautiful blue (not green) egg!

He's doing okay then! Thumbs up for that little guy. I am curious to see how the colors play out with these.

Pics as promised:

First chick (not Ameraucana as sold), but cute!

34566_watching-4.jpg

Snug as a bug in a feather duster.

34566_watching-6.jpg

Note: I have the duster hanging from the ceiling of the brooder so they can't walk on it just under it. Last time one of my guys got his leg tangled. I will probably raise it a little more but right now his is QUIET, so if it ain't broke I'm not gonna' fix it!

They are beautiful! Any more poppin out yet?

And inquiring minds wanna know..............where did you find that feather duster? I looked everywhere and couldn't find one like that.

Back
Top Bottom