Ok, so our midget white is too big for a midget any more.

Quote:
What color are her eyes? I think hollands have blue eyes.

Originally Hollands had blue eyes but the APA standard calls for brown eyes now. Where we bought her from doesn't sell BBW and she looks just like the images of the Hollands we've been able to search. Her size and growth pattern is perfect for Hollands as well and she has that blueish head that Hollands get when colored up. Knowing that they are even more rarely kept and bred than midget's, makes us want to keep her even more. Anyone with a male for sale???
smile.png

Yep, I checked today because I had never noticed her eye color before and they are actually blue. After reading up on the Hollands some more there are two varieties. The older breed has blue eyes and the newer breed which is bred from Broad breasted bronze has brown eyes. Apparently the standard for show is brown eyes though.

Quote:
What color are her eyes? I think hollands have blue eyes.

Originally Hollands had blue eyes but the APA standard calls for brown eyes now. Where we bought her from doesn't sell BBW and she looks just like the images of the Hollands we've been able to search. Her size and growth pattern is perfect for Hollands as well and she has that blueish head that Hollands get when colored up. Knowing that they are even more rarely kept and bred than midget's, makes us want to keep her even more. Anyone with a male for sale???
smile.png

As far as I have ever seen, McMurray has no Midget Whites.
What white Turkeys DO they have?
I would start from there.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I ordered frpm McMurrays this year and my Midget White tom has beautiful blue eyes. We call him Sinatra. My other MW tom dressed out at 14# at 6mths. (I know too early but we wanted a home grown TG turkey.) I wonder if there was a mix up?

Quote:
I wonder, too but guess I'll find out. We ordered white holland's from McMurray for next spring so we'll see how different than are from our girl. We know she isn't a giant white or a BBW so there's not too much else she can be other than a Holland or a Midget (albeit - overgrown).

Back
Top Bottom