Ok so these chickens are 16 weeks old roosters or hens lol

I was told mine were rhode island red mixed with production whites lol

They could be.

There are quite a few kinds of red chickens that all lay lots of brown eggs and look much alike: Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, Production Reds, and some types of sexlinks. They are red with black tails, and often some bits of black in other places too.

There are also many types of red chickens just like that except for having white in place of the black (white tail, and white bits in other places.) Many of this type are sexlinks (females and males have different colors from each other). They are commonly sold with names like ISA Brown, Golden Comet, Red Star, and some others. They are usually produced by crossing a red parent (like Rhode Island Red) with a white parent (maybe the Production White you were told about.)

Cinnamon Queen is definitely a sexlink type (males & female look different than each other.) But whether it has a black tail or a white tail seems to depend on where you buy it from. I see hatcheries listing "Cinnamon Queen" chicks with adult photos either way.

You seem to have two of the type with black tails, and two of the type with white tails. I can tell a black tail from a white tail, but beyond that I cannot tell specific versions apart. I don't think most other people can tell either.

They could be.

There are quite a few kinds of red chickens that all lay lots of brown eggs and look much alike: Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, Production Reds, and some types of sexlinks. They are red with black tails, and often some bits of black in other places too.

There are also many types of red chickens just like that except for having white in place of the black (white tail, and white bits in other places.) Many of this type are sexlinks (females and males have different colors from each other). They are commonly sold with names like ISA Brown, Golden Comet, Red Star, and some others. They are usually produced by crossing a red parent (like Rhode Island Red) with a white parent (maybe the Production White you were told about.)

Cinnamon Queen is definitely a sexlink type (males & female look different than each other.) But whether it has a black tail or a
white tail seems to depend on where you buy it from. I see hatcheries listing "Cinnamon Queen" chicks with adult photos either way.

You seem to have two of the type with black tails, and two of the type with white tails. I can tell a black tail from a white tail, but beyond that I cannot tell specific versions apart. I don't think most other people can tell either.
Ah ok thank you for the information 😊

Back
Top Bottom