OK, someone give me an explanation why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by seedcorn, Jul 11, 2008.

1. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    Bought 5 partridge wyandotte bantams chicks for DD. She raised them in chicken house (a good 200' from house), now that they are feathered, they get to free roam the yard. My DD gives them bread 2X a day so whenever they see humans, they come running for some treat. So here's the dilemma....

My wife hates chickens, despises them near the back porch, I get told about it constantly but what does she do????? She feeds them treats w/in 10' of back porch......... duh?????????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    LOL...wait til they start coming up on the porch and looking thru the door or windows for treats [​IMG]

3. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Maybe she is like my DH. Says he doesn't like them but deep down does. Maybe she isn't ready to admit it...

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I agree with Ifoose! I bet she DOES like them but you how women HATE to be wrong or ADMIT to anything they once denied before! [​IMG]

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Buy one of those electric netting fences from Premiere to keep them in a smaller area away from the porch. you can easily pull up and relocate those fences in a jiff. You'll have to train wife to walk over to the chickens to give treats.

6. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    listen very close.

I bet she's talking to them too!

[​IMG]

7. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    My olelady hated them until the neighbors dog killed two of them now she like I would like peacocks,doves, So she is getting the bug just hold on if she is giving treats. She likes them she is just about a chickoholic [​IMG]

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    that is actually a funny story... my DH brought one in the house yesterday [​IMG] just picked her up and said "look what I got" I think he likes them too..

I just got to get him liking them so much into the wanting more stage..LOL

9. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Mine harassed me something terrible when I decided to bring Goofy in the house and then oh boy, when I bought her a diaper! Yet, DH has become so attached to our baby roo that he takes it on walks around the yard. Has it in the garage w/him when working on the car and has sat with him in the back yard. But, no, he doesn't like my chickens and thinks I am nuts...lol...

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

My chickenhating DH was actually TALKING to Obelisk the other day...and he even gave her some tidbit for me to give her!!
    I was hoping to give him a ton of drugs when he's recovering from his surgery and then tape it so that he couldn't say that he didn't say that I could have more chickens...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by