OK...Tetra Tint question....

Here's pictures of my Tetras and Golden Comets from TSC @ 3 days old.

84682_sunp0080.jpg

They're really fun to watch and one Tetra in particular seems to be the leader. I picked up one of the Comets and it started peeping loudly. The Tetra actually ran over and seemed to be trying to help her escape!

Scott

I have an assumed BOxEE hen that has is BO colored with lighter grey legs than my EE and lays a lighter cream egg than my brown egg layers. She has earmuffs, but no beard. I wonder if she is a TT. My neighbor got her at TSC last year, but didn't know what she was. I crossed my EE rooster with her, my white leghorn, golden comets and New Hampshire Reds. I wonder if my EExWLeghorns will be tints? Some are yellow with black spots. Their feathers are coming in white. One is all white with 2 black feathers in one wing. Homely mutts, but I love them! Here are my chicks:

80816_the_16.jpg

This is at 2 weeks old

80816_upload1.jpg
80816_lotsachicks.jpg

This is at 5 days old The pic with my kids is at about 10-12 days old.

Last edited:
I emailed the hatchery and this is the response I got back regarding the Tetra Tints.

The Tetra Tint is a commercial bird that is a white leghorn crossed with a Rhode Island red. It will weigh approximately 5lbs, be a white chicken, and a high egg producer. It will lay a tinted egg, which is a creamy brown egg.

Thank you,

Mt Healthy Hatcheries

I crossed a RIR roo with a Leghorn hen last year. They hatched on Haloween. They lay a large ivory egg. I don't have any recent pics and I rehomed all the roos but I will post pics of the hens tomorrow. They are very sweet and they all squat for me. They are all bigger than 5lbs and are solid.

Hi!!!
I thought i got tetra tints when i first got my chicks from TSC. Buit I ended up with Light Barhamas... (a straight Run) Which isnt what I wanted!!!) But anyway i searched tetra tint and I cant find ANYTHING on adults. I also didnt look through all seven pages of the forum post about them = ]

Cool! That is what my Tetra is starting to look like. They are very beautiful birds ibeier2000! They have the same black spots and brown lacing around the neck as the Tetra Tints, I can't wait to get some eggs from her!
78308_dscn1503.jpg

Quote:
ibeier2000
I was looking at some of your posts when you started your crosses and was wondering at what age your girls started getting red combs and wattles?

Back
Top Bottom