Ok, this is my catch at TSC this year(I promise I am stopping). Does anyone know what they are??

x4livin

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Forestburg Texas
Other than the ones I know for sure(the production reds, turkens and Leghorns, I don't know exactly what the others are. The girl at TSC had no idea either. I wanted female ducks, so I guessed and told her to get the 4 smallest lightest colored ducks(did I do good or bad or it doesn't matter about the size or color in ducks?) Also, does TSC sell "pure bred" chickens? The girls there had no idea. I also don't know why one of the ducks has a poof n it's head. Any idea? I will post pictures of the one's I am not sure about and see if anyone knows them.

Duck with the bump:

The duck never shuts up.

Turken.

Little yellow Turkin. Are they white when grown or yellow?

Mystery chicken #1

I don't know what this is, but it's fantastic. I want to know so I can find more. Her wings do this flip out thing. I have never seen this before.

Turken:

The little black Turkin.

Mystery chicken #2

A Cchin of some sort? What color will this one be?

Mystery chicken #3

This one is a furry foot also. Are all furry footed chickens cochens? I'm homing this one will stay white. It is a tiny petite bird.

Mystery chicken #4

This one will grow up to be something cool. Many colors. Any ideas what?

Mystery chicken #5

Another colorful one, but no where near the hues as the last.

Mystery chicken #6

Fuzzy feet again. This one has more dark spots than the totally pale golden one earlier.

That's them. Last year I got a pair of cochens that the little female was killed by a dog. My goal in getting banties this year was to try to give the little cochen a few friends his size. The little female was very docile.

Last edited:

crested pekin

white turkin

red frizzle cochin

black turkin

LL
buff silkie

white cochin

black mottle cochin

old english game

buff silkie

Hi Last year I though I was buying silkies & cochins at TSC; is what the sales girl told me.LOL Well not what they were.the wing feathers started fliping up & out really slow growing. 2 hens 1 rooster. They are FRIZZLES !

Hi Last year I though I was buying silkies & cochins at TSC; is what the sales girl told me.LOL Well not what they were.the wing feathers started fliping up & out really slow growing. 2 hens 1 rooster. They are FRIZZLES !
then you do have cochins (frizzled cochins) you can not breed them together though you have to breed frizzles to smooth feathered birds so you need a non frizzled roo for the frizzled hens and some non frizzled hens for your frizzled roo

Does it just not take? Or does it do something detrimental to the birds? Do I need to separate them to keep from having them breed?

Frizzle to frizzle, as I understand it, leads to brittle feathers that break off,. I love your bow tie turkens, and the frizzle chick. I love frizzled anythings. Guess ducklings to not like being held, they are really sounding off about it. You'll have lots of fun with these babies.

This is probably the most scittish duck in the lot. He is also the largest. The smaller ones settle down after a few seconds. This one could be a perfect alarm clock. My sister in law thinks I should name him Mohican. He has a mohawk and is always screaming a war cry. Even the other ducks look at him funny.

Back
Top Bottom