ok to feed popcorn to the chickens?

So, can chickens eat popcorn? Yes, chickens can eat popcorn and they normally actually enjoy it. Nevertheless, popcorn must be provided as a reward and in small amounts. It needs to never ever change or displace their routine healthy feed.
Popcorn for chickens.jpg

I
welcome-byc.gif
!! Whenever we have left over popcorn or just ANYTHING I give it to my chickens. They'll eat anything.
Am devastated me and my son just gave my landlords chickens some left over kettle corn not much. And the rooster of them i look over not 5 min after giving to them he is DEAD. HE WAS OLD AND SO OLD HE WAS BLIND. YALL did I kill the rooster

Will the rest of them die?????!?!!!!!!! I am devastated I cry if I hit a bird and dodge frogs in the road. Yall tell me please hurry
This is a very old thread. It started like 10 years ago.

But, I cannot say if you did or not. I do not think kettle corn itself is bad for them. However, I believe it has more salt than popcorn and too much salt is certainly not good for them.

Would it kill him that fast? I do not know. With him being that old could be anything.

Did he eat a lot of it?

This is a very old thread. It started like 10 years ago.

But, I cannot say if you did or not. I do not think kettle corn itself is bad for them. However, I believe it has more salt than popcorn and too much salt is certainly not good for them.

Would it kill him that fast? I do not know. With him being that old could be anything.

Did he eat a lot of it?
No I put 2 handfuls in a coop with 14 or 15 chickens. Maybe a piece of kernel each others seem fine

If the popcorn killed him that fast, he likely choked on it. Not something that'd normally happen, but if it was going to happen, an old, blind rooster seems like a good candidate for it to happen to.

I've fed my flock leftover popcorn, both popped and unpopped for years with no issues. I don't have any old, blind roosters, though.
So should I worry about the others????? I could lose my home behind this.

If the popcorn killed him that fast, he likely choked on it. Not something that'd normally happen, but if it was going to happen, an old, blind rooster seems like a good candidate for it to happen to.

I've fed my flock leftover popcorn, both popped and unpopped for years with no issues. I don't have any old, blind roosters, though.

So should I worry about the others????? I could lose my home behind this.
Thankyou

Back
Top Bottom