Ok what about this one?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StormyMoon, May 26, 2012.

1. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I am bored and looking at my chicks and I have no clue what these are never seen breeds like this before.
    They don't have feathers on the legs.

Thank you for looking!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    what type of comb?

3. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I have trouble seeing it but when i feel where a comb should be it feels flat.

4. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Songster

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Could it have a Rose comb? Where did you get it? Bantam or LF?

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    It is LF I got it from Ideal Poultry and it could be a rose comb it is really flat right now.

6. chickenjoefan

chickenjoefan Chirping

Jan 19, 2011
    Western Isles, Scotland
    could be copper black marrans. Very cute [​IMG] I have a couple just hatched myself. They only have feathered legs if they are french marans so its a possible. Mine have a single comb though so don't know if that would rule it out.

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Marans have pink feet. These to me look like a barred rock mix or even silver laced Wyandotte mix. You'll have to put out pictures in a couple to few weeks when they are feathered. Maybe they are full silver laced Wyandotte's?

I have a Cochin mix from the hatchery.

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  8. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    I have been doing some research on here today , and believe this could be one of their light blue Hamburgs from Ideal Poultry hatchery.

I Ordered the Standard Surprise Pullet Special so there really is no real telling what I have here.

The black on the legs seem to be getting darker.

It appears the chick has a rose comb.

But it is def not a Barred rock mix or a Maran.

I will keep you guys posted with more pictures each week as the chick grows but we will know for sure when it starts having white ear lobs.

If you look at the ideal poultry web site you will see in the Hamburg section there are 3 colors of this chick a splash, light blue and a black.

Mine here has a lot of blue in it and if you notice in the picture on Ideal site the lighter the color the lighter the legs seem to be.

We will see as time goes by :)

Last edited: May 27, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: