Ok, what is she?

Anjeey

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 31, 2010
Ok, so as you all know I am a chicken n00b. I originally thought Estelle was a Golden Campine - but now I realize that she is developing features that are not Campine like. She's getting too big for one. Her face is hawkish almost and her comb is still really small.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what she could be? I am half tempted to say EE right now - but I'm really just guessing.

16m37fk.jpg

23vxbpk.jpg
- here she is next to my Barred Rock for size comparison.
2cr1vuu.jpg

oumst5.jpg

20icdag.jpg
- They're all about 13 weeks now. She is beginning to show signs of dominance. Nothing major just slight challenging here and there to the other chickens.

Ok, so what is she? :d

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks.
big_smile.png

Ya, she is pretty. I picked her out of the bunch because she was the only speckly brown one there. So, seems the majority vote goes to EE. Does that mean she will lay bluish eggs? That'd be pretty cool.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Also, do EE's act kind of bossy on average? She seems to have more of an attitude than the others.

I have 2 EEs with her coloring and they both lay green eggs. I don't think you can really predict what color they'll lay, though. Could be green, blue, brown, pink...it'll be a fun surprise!

Yours look the same as one of mine that had just started to lay very small light brown eggs, my barred rocks are starting to get bigger than she is but she is still the most aggressive one.
smile.png

Quote:
What I've heard (and found to be true) is that with EEs and EE crosses you can usually tell by the comb what color eggs they'll lay. Single comb=brown eggs, and pea comb=blue or green eggs. I can't tell for sure from the pics, but I think she has a single comb.

Back
Top Bottom