Ok what is up with this?

ridgefire

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern Michigan
I have my coop divided in half right now, I have the 3 week old chicks in their own pen till they are big enough to defend off the adult flock. I went to go refill the water dish in the 3 week pen and when I came back the big girls were in with the little one eating their food. The main feeder for the flock is full there were no other hens feeding so its not like there was competition for the feeder. Do they some how know the difference between layer mash and starter/grower?

I wonder about this, too. Yesterday, my big chickens were out in the yard and I had a feeder up close to the house for Lulu, our month old cochin that thinks she is human. The big chickens cleaned the feeder out, like kids in the cookie jar. They had a feeder full of their food in their coop. I also worry now if it is ok to eat the eggs for awhile since the food is medicated? There was not alot of food in the feeder, thank goodness. I don't know if they know the difference in the food or if they just feel like they are getting something new since it is in a different feeder or location. Was the food they ate medicated?

Back
Top Bottom