Ok Wife thinks I have gone completey batty!!!!

All righty then if I get 56 chickens I will be sleeping in the coop with them UGH!!! She gave me a limit of 10!!!!
big_smile.png

hey you got to start some where! after 10 wait a while then get more and tell her you don't know were they came from.
lol.png
they just showed up! i am having the same problem! my wife will only let me have 15 so that is what i am going to try:D

Why didn't i marry one of you guys??? My hubby is like "do we have to get more than 6? We don't eat that many eggs..."
YES LOTS OF CHICKENS!!! Just Necessary OK!!!
lol.png

I got the same thing from my mom. This is how mine worked out:

Mom: The only good chicken is one in a boiling pot and you ain't keeping them! Get them for your SAE *agriculture class* and sell them or they WILL be eaten

Well now I see her sneaking crickets out to the coop and she named one. Also She will let Lou ride on her shoulder while she's feeding/watering them.

Theres something about chickens that can't be resisted. Also, a large feeder and waterer and a nice neighbor will fix that last issue

Friends and neighbors collected my eggs when I went on vacation. I never shut my pop door so the chickens can go in and out at will. I have an enclosed run off the coop which has a gate, but I never shut it either. I have a fenced in area off the run. I used to let them totally free range until they got into my garden and started destroying it. It was either fence in the garden or fence in the chickens. I decided to fence in the chickens. Here are some pics. I move my coop once in awhile. Click on an image if you want to enlarge it.
yippiechickie.gif

I remember when I first got my 3 chickens. My dad didn't want anything to do with them!! But one of my pullets won him over. Everytime he goes out the back door she runs up to him and starts begging for food.

Quote:
My husband freaked out when I brought home 2!
ep.gif

But, I'm going up to 5 in a couple weeks. Lol! He has warmed up to them. I think she will too. Just hand your wife some treats to feed to the chickens and she will love it
love.gif

we bought a camper went on a camping trip in july. we plan on going somewhere several times a year. we need to get the automatic coop door soon. but we asked our neighbor to get eggs, etc. we have a big galvanized feeder and automatic waterer. in exhange for her getting doing this we let her have the eggs she collects in exchange. we were gone 5 days!

we also take care of her dog several times a year when they go somewhere and they can not take the dog. to bad dogs dont lay something
gig.gif
so i can get something in exchange
tongue.png

wendy

First thing I did when we decided to get chicks was to march over the our neighbors who have chicks and offer to take care of their any time. They took me up on it a couple of weeks later and we took care of their girls for 2 weeks. Now we've got an agreement to take care of each other's chooks whenever someone goes out of town. It's a great arrangement.

They'll be watching our girls next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom