Okay color guru, tell me what I've got!!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
Red Tibetans?
PICT0498.jpg

Red Tibetans again?
PICT0497.jpg

And again?
PICT0496.jpg

These are my adult tuxedos. There are (now) 2 hens and a roo. This is one hen, and she is different than the other. See the yellow spikey feathers? So what color is she??
PICT0494.jpg

This is the other hen, no yellow spikey feathers.
PICT0493.jpg

Baby tuxedo, but what color is the primary?
PICT0490.jpg

Some of the babies (orange in the back)
PICT0489.jpg

PICT0488.jpg

?? Is this the orange one??
PICT0487.jpg

Golden Female
PICT0486.jpg

Golden Male
PICT0485.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
your golden roo is what I call a white capped golden, they have maroon splotches on their back instead of black and the white capped head
smile.png
Least it looks like he has maroon splothces instead of black does he?

He has a couple of black spots, but mostly he's kind of caramel colored. All the other males I had were black spotted on their backs.

So, one of my hens (tuxedo) is orange, and all three of the babies are orange as well? That's pretty cool, cause of the two baby orange tux's and the solid orange one, only one of them is a male. So I suppose I'll put those with my adult orange tux, and the red tibetans can go with the adult tux male and hen. Sound good to you? I still don't know what to do with the goldens!!
gig.gif

Quote:
Sounds really good! If your tux male is marked nicely those red tibes should cross nicely and give you some cutie red tibetan tuxedos
smile.png

Well as you know golden is dominant and trumps a lot of colors, however my red tibetan tuxedo hen is in with my goldens, HER over my golden roos produces orange tibetan (i assume because red tibetan and red is recessive).
big_smile.png
So tibetan SHOULD dominate your golden color. <---dunno if that will help you decide where to put them but it may!
fl.gif

I tried to get a pic of my tux male, but he moved. I think I did too. The pic was just a blur! Next time I get adventurous with the camera I'll try to get a good pic of him. He's not perfectly marked, but he is marked better than either of the hens. Very pretty!

My tux-tux breedings are resulting in tuxedo, tibetan, and A&M colored hatchlings. How can I make sure they are all tux's? Or is that possible with the birds I have?

Quote:
Awesome results (with crossing tux to tux) i haven't seen what tux to tux hatches out there but i should tomorrow (as they're pipping tonight lol)!

ANywho, you SHOULD get 100% tuxedo (i'd assume) from A & M over tuxedo or tibetan
smile.png

I think that A&M over tux would result in a 50/50 tux and A&M, since the tuxes are made of A&M and tibetan. So the babies would either get 2 genes for A&M or 1 gene of A&M and 1 of tibetan. At least that's my thought! I would think the only way to get a 'true' tux would be the A&M/tibetan cross, but that's my opinion!
smile.png

ETA: But the A&M over tux would probably improve the tuxedo markings in the tux's, or probably more like could
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with you on that theory my feather fowl friend
gig.gif
sounds about right
tongue.png

and dont forgetbirds like browns and goldens carrying A & M also can produce tuxedo and nice ones at that
big_smile.png
(when crossed with a tibetan ofcourse)
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom