Okay how many chickens and other poultry did you have when you joined?

How many poultry did you have when you joined BYC?

• 0 to 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 to 30

• 31 to 50

• 60 to 100

• 101-200

• 201-300

• 301 to 400

• 401 to 500

• I don't know

• I'm afraid to count them...

• I'm out of control when it comes to poultry

• Nothing makes me smile like a newborn baby chick

• Total voters
If I remember correctly... I had about 13... Cause I started with 17.. 2 were roosters so they "left" and then Ida died, and then Cayenne... and I joined when Sylvia was really sick...

I lurked for awhile reading everything. I think I registered either right before or right after I got my first chicks, had some questions once the big day finally came and finally felt the need to post.

lurked for quite awhile before I joined and then took the plunge. This site has been so helpful to a chicken beginner. I have 4 BOs but would love to have some Delewares and Welsummers along with either blue or lavender BOs. Luckily for hubby I can only have four where we live now but wait until we sell this house and move.
smile.png

had been a user of the BYC site a long time before actualy registering on the forum,so woud say [including pre registration] had had henny,penny and ethel-they were our urban chickens who lived with us at the house.
we had a lot of speciality chickens at our farm-lots of unusual breeds,they were our pets,but was never able to get close to them as the flocks included cockrels [am profoundly noise sensitive even though will wear ear defenders when around cockrels].
unfortunately we had had fox attacks at both home and the farm,both foxes were vixens who were stashing our chickens to feed their cubs.
they fataly wounded a personal favourite-ethel and also penny who had been top of the coop hierarchy and the bully of them both.
the fox at the farm had practicaly wiped out our biggest chicken flock with all the unusual breeds,plus they wiped out all the ducks to.
its just as well lottie [friendly non ferral kitteh,mine] wasnt manning the territory at that time as have heard of many a cat attack from foxes when theyre hungry or desperate to feed cubs.
we have one silkie,a seperate red sussex bantam and a regular red sussex hen both together with their own seperate coop and run, and a huge run and coop which had onced housed the ducks and chickens,theres only a few red sussex hens in there now.

am going to be looking after and hatching some eggs soon for our farm,cant wait for that.

I had three chicks. I now have 10 layers and several hundred meaties. We are moving to a farm in another week to continue to grow our chicken business. It all started with those three little chicks...

Back
Top Bottom