Okay, let me get something straight...

animalloverabh

Allons-y, Alonso
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
The wonderful countryside, UK
..Bread is bad for ducks, isn't it? Because me and my dad have just had a row over it. He says that people have been feeding ducks bread for thousands of years without ducks being hurt, but thats not true, is it? They have been shortening their lifespan, right?

Quote:
Your dad is right.

Now im confused.

Your dad is NOT right. Perhaps pascopol misread your post. Do some research you will find many websites like the one I gave you and none that will state otherwise.
It is true that people have fed bread to ducks forever, like I said BUT they are not hanging around the parks to see the damage they are doing.

http://www.liveducks.com/care.html

Here
is a healthy diet.

Last edited:
Bread is not bad as long as it's only given once in a while as a treat and the ducks have a regular diet of healthy duck food. It's not to be given to them every day and all day long like what happens when you go to a park. At some of the lake parks I go to, people feed them bread all day long every day and it's not healthy at all. You'll see ducks and geese at these parks with all kinds of health problems because of it.

Quote:
Giving them bread as a treat once in a while is fine as long as their main diet is a healthy one. I have a goose that needs meds daily and I put it in 2 very small bread balls. It is not enough bread to disrupt his daily diet.

Quote:
Giving them bread as a treat once in a while is fine as long as their main diet is a healthy one. I have a goose that needs meds daily and I put it in 2 very small bread balls. It is not enough bread to disrupt his daily diet.

Okay, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom