Okay lockdown 06/21/11 who else is locking down???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jfulcher, Jun 21, 2011.

1. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I have 12 button quail eggs in the incubator (only 3 or so are locked down) so it is a partial lock down. Monitoring the humidity. Might adjust the temp a lil. But 23rd we should see lil fuzzy bumble bees in there!!![​IMG]

2. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Good luck! I have silkies peeping out now.

3. Taylorhens

Taylorhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2011
    Aubrey, TX
    I locked down 12 wheaten marans and 3 mottled bantam cochin eggs yesterday. Fingers crossed!

4. eggbuster

eggbuster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    I forgot to lock them down as I forgot when I set them and when they were due to hatch. They are hatching now and I candled them yesterday. Lock down isn't all its cracked up to be. [​IMG]

5. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    I have silkies that went on lock down today 6/22/11. Hope they all do well, I'm rootin' for 'em [​IMG]

6. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Happy hatching to all of you! No action for me... I did a quick float test because I had alot of fluctuation on temp. Couple of my eggs were sinkers. One was a dud one wa a quitter. If anyone wants to see the egg=topsy of a button embryo: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=528050
    Some
    say it is somewhat graphic. But I posted in case anyone wanted to see what a partially developed baby chick looked like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by