Okay maybe these photos can help solve my mystery

Bracedagr8

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 13, 2012

Bought hese Sunday have no idea of Breed or Age though I am pretty sure she is just beginning to lay. Any educated Guesses??

Hrm, this one is tough. She looks like she could be a blue Jersey Giant, but her body-shape is wrong for it..... I would say Blue Australorp.

Are there better angles I could take these pictures at to make them more identifiable...I think these are awesome birds and would like to teach them their heritage....

It could be a Jersey Giant/Australorp cross. Australorps are supposed to have pink skin, but you can see the yellowish tinge to the feet on this chicken, meaning it has yellow skin which would line up with possible Jersey Giant heritage. Its body looks too narrow for a full JG, though. What color are the eggs?

Pic looks like there is a hint of lacing on feathers. Perhaps that's a clue. She is beautiful whatever she is and seems a little lavender to me. Very pretty

The lady said she thought they were hatchery Blue Copper Marans but they lacked some qualities which is why she sold them to me. Brown eggs daily from these two girls

Back
Top Bottom