Okay, now i know this is a pip

smilies.gif

I cant wait to see pics when it/they dries off.

How great is that? Congrats. It sound like you are doing a great job. Just leave the incubator closed and hold on tight they will start popping like corn soon.

Hi, You can keep them in there for up to 48 hours. They won't need food until then. You will want to leave them there as the others hatch-they will chirp and it will encourage the babies that are pipping.

I know it is SOOOOOO tempting to take them out, but waiting till they all hatch is the best.

Best wishes
smile.png

big_smile.png
OMG those pics are adorable.....

I just recounted my calendar and have 2 eggs due this Monday.
Those eggs are so small, did you have a hard time candeling?// I tried mine but couldn't see anything at 7-10 days....
I hope mine are fertile.....
So exciting to see your progression of pics.
keep posting them..

Okay, that huge silkie that i posted a picture of had his intestines extended out of his body and i took him to the vet and they suggested he be euthanized as they couldn't help him. i'm glad that he was put out of his misery. He was huge and had a very large topknot.

But i do have four healthy babies so far, and several more pipping.

Top right is Guenivere, a white silkie and first to be born. Moving clockwise is our little pipsqueak, supposed to be born tomorrow, but burst out today yelling and screaming. He did not absorb all his yolk sack, but seems to be doing fine. Continuing clockwise is a buff silkie and then what looks like a partridge silkie. All were due to be born today except for pipsqueak. He was due tomorrow but just couldn't wait.

fourchicks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom