***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yay! Will definitely make it next time. Since last writing I’ve had 3 hatch & seem to be good. Little strange that they are 3 different colors for same breed of chicken :hmm. (Blue Maran) Just happy 3 hatched.
I’ve been on here all night last night, reading & my brain feels scrambled.(No pun intended) I still have 3 that havent pipped or anything. Another one pipped but did not make it🥺. So out of a dozen, I have 3 live chicks 6 bad eggs & 3 unknown.
I tried to candle them but all three look completely different, not to mention they’re dark brown eggs (I do not recommend for a 1st timer).
So one is, from what I can tell, solid (no air pocket)
One has air pocket on both ends (90%sure that one is dead) & last but not least, one looks kinda ”normal”. With a pretty obvious, but small air pocket. So I’m off to find the candling section.
Did you buy anything today?
I did buy a few things, just didn't pick up any new birds. I bought 2 handmade large bird cages, love them! Also, bought some homemade canned pickles, pickled okra and raspberry jam, they were all delicious!
In the past I have hatched and raised black copper means, and yes the dark eggs are hard to candle, lol. I'm not sure why you have 3 different colored babies if they all came from same colored birds.
Right now I have 3 separated cops with buff silkies, mixed bantams and barnyard mixes.
No one is laying any eggs yet. So just being patient, which is so hard, lol.

Free rooster in Tulsa! We have a beautiful buff brahma rooster that we unfortunately can't keep due to living within city limits. He is about 5 months old, big and healthy!

Attachments

• LQ3sWEA1TTutL4x2PsR1Sg.jpg
    LQ3sWEA1TTutL4x2PsR1Sg.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Hi fellow Okies. I live in Logan County, in between Edmond and Guthrie. We have a mixed flock of 14 currently ages varying between 5-10 weeks. Still waiting to see if we wound up with any roo’s that will have to find new homes.

Welcome to the "Okies in the BYC"
We are a group of chicken loving people from Oklahoma and a few states beyond. Please jump in and tell us about yourself and your birds.

The BYC Staff asks that everyone take a moment to read the rules here
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules, particularly the part about flaming, trolling, teasing and fighting.

Remember that all threads are subject to these rules.

Hello , I'm around Ok. I have four Easter Eggers and 22 Black Australorp that are 8 weeks 1 day old. Bought mine off line with a 90% all female pick. But lol I hope they messed up and gave me an Australorp Roo. Can't wait to see what color eggs my EE's gave me. I have two EE'r pictures in my Album. I did chickens for my son's 4h and FFA back around 2006. But they found them boring. I love my babies. I love how friendly the Australorp are. 2 EE's will let me hold them. And most of the Australorps. I have one pic of my coop. Will add more of my run. Hope to hear from you all. Go Sooners, Go Cowboys.
PS. Could not find to post a new post

Sorry this reply is so late, I've been on Vacation the last 3+ weeks. I got back yesterday and immediately checked on my girls (hens, roo, guinea, quailies) & found a 6 ft long snake with a belly full of chicks/chickens! I "twenty-gauged" him in two. I HATE snakes!
Thats the same kind of snake Ive been dealing with this year! I hate them!!.

Hi! I just went to a new swap today. It's on hwy 66 between Verdigris and Claremore at the new Tractor Supply. It was a really great swap, lots of different chicks and older chickens, ducks, geese and homemade goods like pillows, book covers, bird cages, bird feeders, wonderful canned goods too!! I loved this swap. They have a facebook page.....POULTRY FARM SWAP FOR CLAREMORE, CATOOSA AND TULSA OKLAHOMA AREAS......
They will have it the 1st Saturdays of every month.
I highly recommend this swap, it was good and very friendly okies.
Has anyone heard of any swap meets in the southern part of the state?

Back
Top Bottom