***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I woke up to 1.3 inches in my raingauge yesterday morning. I did watch two storms building yesterday afternoon but didn't get anything but plenty of wind.

Hail took out my rain gauge years ago, but I will say we got torrential rain, LOL Ponds are still struggling to fill, it is the first time in a year or so that we have had good runoff.
Trent Loos has a column in The High Plains Journal. Last issue he spoke of the recent outbreak and tossed a few facts out there as to numbers of birds affected and states too. He called the Nebraska dept. of Agriculture and gave a rundown of what he was told. States are pretty close in procedure since the USDA writes the guidelines. What was stated too was that one person in China was supposed to be infected by the current strain, take that however. Last time the H5N1 virus made a sweep there were a few folks in China that got sick. It's a poor country so when farmers found a deceased goose or duck on the farm it was consumed, consume enough and chances are the virus will mutate. Very popular dish was duck blood soup, live duck, boiling water, nuff said. I have also seen pictures of children sleeping under brooders at night, parents would bring them to work so they could stay warm.
I would hope that our handling of poultry is much better then that. Hong Kong imports over one million ducks and geese daily for consumption. that is a lot!
Monday it is supposed to bump 100F pretty hard with 97 forecast, could be beginning of the end for this crap for this season. Better be, going ahead with the plan to fire up the incubators.

Hi all my southwestern neighbors! I'm in Mcdonald County Missouri( I'm an hour from the siloam springs area), we are having alot of trouble finding baby formula currently and have been trying to find an Inexpensive/free dairy goat to feed my babies (I have a 20 month old and 10 month old) if anyone has the hookup or a good lead out in North East Oklahoma or out my way I would greatly appreciate any and all information given. Thank you all in advance

Now we have the Monkey Pox that is taking up the media’s time. Pretty much hear about nothing else.
There was one case of HPAI reported in Co. that was found by nasal swab. A worker on one of the infected farms tested positive. That shows the importance of PPE and using it at the proper times. The worker is currently being treated with Tamiflu and being monitored. Other then that I don’t really have anything new. Well besides a phone that is telling me I am not a good speller. LOL

I usually just go to APHIS on the USDA site and also rely on the e-mails sent out for the Ag. Dept here in the state. New Jersey has an infected backyard flock now but most infections are still on the flyways.
Still hope that the Summer will take care of most of this problem. Bumped 100F pretty hard here in Central Ok a couple of days already.

Back
Top Bottom