***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I personally adore my speckled sussex. They are handy foragers and lay quite well and are very inquisitive. Plus when free ranging they have a natural camo outfit!

I had welsumers and loved them too. They lay a beautiful terra cotta colored egg with dark speckles.

On the leghorns I have had a few. They thought I was Godzilla and ran like I was the monster! That flightiness can make your other hrns react the same way too...the 'if youre scared I'm scared too' chicken thought process. They do lay very well even in the heat but they also burn themselves out quickly because of that. In the future I will opt for red sex links instead as they tend to be quieter.

I should have pushed the quote button because now I can't remember what breeds that you were asking about. Posting on my mobile phone has its limitations!

Everyone stay safe in the storms!

I really love all of my EEs as well. The colored eggs are requested by all but one of my egg buyers.

Beautiful polish. I love them and have some myself but you have way more than I do. So jealous
Here is a bad pic of one of my girls.
thanks i actully have a couple more i could not get a good photo of because they wouldn't hold still well enough lol. Yours is very pretty i like slashes but i don't have any.

All our goats male and female were hand (bottle) raised and handled several times a day. But I will admit the meanest of all the mean males was the one my gparents bought grown (so not raised by us)
well maybe it depends on the individual goat because i have know a couple that were not mean, but i will have to admit i have not been around a lot of them.

Last edited:
Don't you just hate it when the grass grows so fast that you have to hunt for the water meter?

I expected to find a submerged meter, but instead I found a snake.
I used a stick to uncover the numbers to read the meter, and the
little guy attacked the stick as if it were a mongoose.

Broken Arrow Tornado was in view from our hotel!!! Kids were swimming & a lady ran in screaming for everyone to take cover, thankfully it went the other way! How close are the storms to Coral, Robin, Joe??? Who ever else lives this way??? Hope everyone is ok!

Cement Auction--- I don't have any solid info, other than 2nd & 4th Saturdays 6 fairgrounds. Sad to say we will miss the first one since Grandma will be in town returning our girls.
we got some hail and heavy rain but everything looks good this morning
thumbsup.gif

Don't you just hate it when the grass grows so fast that you have to hunt for the water meter?

I expected to find a submerged meter, but instead I found a snake.
I used a stick to uncover the numbers to read the meter, and the
little guy attacked the stick as if it were a mongoose.
coral that looks like a king snake don't kill it king snakes will kill and eat other snakes and if you have king snakes you usually wont have an poison snakes

I guess this got lost in my last post so maybe I need to use big letters lol

WHITE CHANTECLER HATCHING EGGS
FREE IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE THEM

THE HENS ARE LAYING GREAT AND I WOULD HATE TO SEE THESE EGGS GO TO WAIST
I COULD MEET SOME WHERE OR I COULD SHIP THE EGGS IF YOU PAY THE SHIPPING COST
I will be at chupps auction this Saturday with these eggs they will be free to the first person that comes up to me and asks for them
wink.png
and for those that have never met me in person I will be whereing black carhart overalls with a red shirt and a black leather hat maybe I will see some of yall there

Back
Top Bottom