***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Congrats on your new and much better life! My ex would have woke up in bed with those chickens and then I would have started beating him with them when his mouth opened!

Well, he was a cop and a Marine, so I'd've ended up in jail or something. I figured it was easier to just get rid of HIM. So I did, and good riddance.

It's amazing what a difference having a caring, supportive partner makes. My life now is completely different than it was 5 years ago.

Well, he was a cop and a Marine, so I'd've ended up in jail or something. I figured it was easier to just get rid of HIM. So I did, and good riddance.

It's amazing what a difference having a caring, supportive partner makes. My life now is completely different than it was 5 years ago.

I'm so happy you found a great man! My ex was an *** also, it took me awhile to figure out why my cats were disappearing. I have given up on men, I seem to be attracted to the idiots for some reason. I love my little critters and they keep me busy plus I adopted 2 boys who drive me crazy enough so I don't need a man for that now. SNICKER

How is everyone faring with the weather.

The ducks and geese are loving it, the chickens even seem to love it (not sure where that saying madder than a wet hen comes from???). I prefer hot and sunny so I'm the cranky butt today since I'm stuck inside with cranky little boys.
263a.png

I'm so happy you found a great man! My ex was an *** also, it took me awhile to figure out why my cats were disappearing. I have given up on men, I seem to be attracted to the idiots for some reason. I love my little critters and they keep me busy plus I adopted 2 boys who drive me crazy enough so I don't need a man for that now. SNICKER

My husband found me when I wasn't really looking, and he's completely different from the jerks I've picked before! He's pretty awesome. I have a 16 (almost 17) year old daughter who drives me crazy ;)

How is everyone faring with the weather.

They had people from the city out fixing the drains at the end of the street because our street flooded, but all the houses are raised foundation and the street is lower than all our yards so we were not at any risk. Hope everyone else is faring well!

My husband found me when I wasn't really looking, and he's completely different from the jerks I've picked before! He's pretty awesome. I have a 16 (almost 17) year old daughter who drives me crazy ;)

Boys are tough when they're young but dang those little girls hit 11 and it's all over!! I think it's safe to say boys in the long run are so much easier! I'm not sure how me and my sisters are still alive!

Well, my hens are all wet, so they've been out in it some. Some idiot forgot to put the storm flap down last night (pointing at self), so half of the coop is wet, including the nestboxes. My girls aren't happy with me right now, understandably. One of them even laid me a fart-egg. My first like this, so I had to take a picture and share.

I haven't been to this forum in years - my ex let his dog kill all my chickens years ago and I basically gave up. I went back to school and finished my undergrad and just defended my MS thesis on Thursday. I also re-married to an amazing guy. I mentioned to him tonight that I'd like to fix the kennel and coop and buy pullets (2 production layers, 4 EEs, maybe a couple Marans... would prefer to get them all from the same person who has NPIP). So tomorrow we're going to buy the wire we need to fix stuff, and after May 10th (last finals that day) we can then buy the birds.

I am so excited!
Where are you located. I bred Marans and Blue Eggers for years. I still have a few good contacts in the state for these breeds, but I am now down to just the blue eggers. We decided to try the one breed flock things for a few years. It seemed like a smarter way to do things since we were trying to grow out a minimum of 50 chicks for every breed we were working with each spring. With multiple breeds it got too much for us to spend the time that we felt each breed deserved and space was always limited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom