Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from Harrah and had a very nice visit with Robbie who is the owner of the HLF auction.
He was very cordial and a very nice man. He was glad to hear about our Okie group and our concerns with the auction.
I told him my biggest concern was keeping the auction going because I didn't want to lose it.
I gave him a list of concerns that I had gleaned from posts and emails. He assured me that steps had already been taken to fix some of the problems and he would address the others.
He really wants to make everyone happy but we all know that isn't possible.
I am convinced he is doing and will do everything possible to let the auction run as smoothly as possible.
We all just need to be patient because this is a new venture for them and they have been ironing out the rough spots as they go.
He gave me an information sheet and I will post it under the Oklahoma Auction thread.
I will also post some of the info on this thread as I can.
One thing is that check in time is from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The future dates of the auctions are May 10, May 24, June 7, and June 21.
If people are in line to check in at 4 p.m. they will get a number and be allowed to check in.
We have discussed a few problems that Have occurred there and I want to be fair and let you guys know what
happened in one of them.
The rabbit that was taken was done so by a little boy and the father didn't know until they got home. The rabbit was returned. The auction owner had already compensated the rabbits owner.
The problem with the lables being removed from the Welsummer eggs has also been addressed and fixed to everyone's satisfaction.
I know Robbie wants the auction to succeed or he wouldn't be working as hard and putting in as much time on it as he has been doing.
I hope this clears things up.
I can and probably will go into his responses as to your/our particular concerns but I will have to do so later.
I am going to post the information and some rules under the Oklahoma auction thread.
Monty

frow.gif
I'm still here! I'm more of a reader than a poster!! I have been trying to conquer this blasted incubator!!
he.gif
So far I hatched 3 ducks and 3 chickens, working on some turkeys right now. I did buy a few bantams, silkies, frizzies, cochins and one sultan this year. I was given 5 ducks and about 20 chickens from teachers who had them in their classrooms! I'm trying to spread the addiction to my son! Everyone should have chickens don't you think!! With this new grandbaby, I have all my weekends booked till the end of time!! But that is alright, I don't mind!!

Monty...
Thank you so much for looking into all of this for us with the Harrah auction. I will still continue to go every chance I get. As long as I know they are actively working to correct the problems, I will continue to go and get myself into trouble with to much spending. LOL

To all Okies...
Does anyone have a chick that is a couple of days old that they would like to sell? We just had the one hatch Sunday morning and he is very lonely. I don't have anything young enough to put in with him to give him a buddy. Please PM me with what you have that you would like to sell that might be a good buddy for him. Thanks.

Also how long should I wait before I totally write these other eggs off? This is our first hatch so I am not sure.

Hope everyone has a terrific day.

Okiechick57 is still here !

Ksacrces, dont give up until like 4 or so days passed......mine hatched out on day 26.......lone hatch myself....... I have a baby you could have but your so far from me,it would not be worth your time, Bigokie is also selling tons of little ones and big ones....here is his ad in okclassifieds ! I do not know how far that is from you though........Nowata?

i have 9 buff orpington hens for sale.feathers are alittle ruff but are
laying daily an 1 buff rooster.$12 for the hens an $8 for the
rooster.make a good starter flock.also have a pair of black old english
game bantams.hen is laying have hatched several babys out of them $15
for the pair.silver duckwing oegb rooster an 3 pullets should lay soon
$30.i have several other oegb young for $4 each.also have buff chicks 4
to 6 weeks old for $4 to $5 for pullets.these are all feathered an
almost ready to go on the ground.i have flying mallard ducklings i get
$7 each on them they are from 2 weeks to 4 weeks old.jumbo pekins an
rouen pekin crosses for $5 each these are from day old to 7 weeks.have
a standard splash cochin rooster for $8 an also a plymoth rock bantam
rooster for $5 lots of young chickens hatching daily.also will have
americana chicks starting the 4th of may.all colors.nowata okla email
me off list at [email protected]

Quote:
Not in Oklahoma anymore. New law has thinned out the immigrant workers some.

Monty,thank you for being our spokesperson, hope he is able to take care of the problems, sounds like he was on top of it already !
big_smile.png

I would still like to meet up with you soon for some eggs
big_smile.png

Here, busy at work.

I am waiting for some Delaware hatching eggs from a BYC'er, Grace sent me Indian Runner and Cayuga hatching eggs, I have Marans and Sussex on the way from Mergemet, and we have setting geese and ducks at the moment. Quite busy here
smile.png

Anthea
Okmulgee

Antheat, I saw where you posted in another thread that your injured hen didn't make it. So sorry to hear that. Also, last week my marans eggs that I bought from the Harrah auction hatched ... I bought golden/salmon and cuckoo marans eggs and the breeder was Troy that Buckguy mentioned. The golden/salmon look a lot like the brown chick you have a picture of, but my cuckoo marans don't look like the black chick you have ... but still, the black chick could be a black marans chick. Is it still solid black?

Buckguy, I will pick up marans for you from Grace if you want me to ... we intend to go to the next Blue auction. Hey, thanks for speaking our concerns with the Harrah auction owner for us Okies. I personally appreciate that! Can we say something about kids running around wild & manhandling the chicks?

Kaacres, I sent you a pm about your lone chick ... I don't have any brand new chickies ... sorry, but I do have that bantam blue cochin that looks like a hen ... probably around the same age as the one you got from Cammie. I bought her as an egg from a lady in Texas. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested. She may be going to the Cement auction if I don't hear from anyone before Saturday. I've got to downsize the chick room soon... too many chicks growing way to fast ... I must have new pens soon!

Hooligan, I have to agree with Buckguy ... we don't see many migrant laborers, since Oklahoma passed new laws. Gosh, I need a good chicken coop builder!

I am trying to "downsize" my chickens - but would be interested in buying Saipan Jungle Fowl eggs or birds
hmm.png

There are chickens hatching as I type this and it is probably a blessing that all 18 + dozen eggs I have had in the incubators the past 3 - 4 weeks won't be hatching. I have learned about my newest style of incubator and will operate it differently next time, and not put so many eggs in at one time. Maybe just 15 dozen
tongue.png

We should have guinea eggs start hatching next week and I love to watch those little darlings. They are so lively and so fast when you are trying to catch the little escape artists!

Our 4 year old grandson had quite a day yesterday - his Papa took some chicks to school for him to show the class and then he got to watch eggs hatch in the incubator with the full clear lid, while he ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Life doesn't get much better than that.
smile.png

Poultryand bees, Oh, I wish I had some grandkids to share moments with, like you have with yours
jumpy.gif
I can just picture it!

Hopefully, it won't be too long before my daughter and son-in-law decide to have some. I told them they need to wait until I retire so I can be their babysitter ... and I promise to get the chickens out of the house by then ... gosh, I don't know if I could kick all of the chickens out ... just those over 3 weeks old, maybe
lol.png

Chickenhead, I would venture to guess that I have about 3-4 dozen cuckoo marans, maybe a dozen golden/salmon marans, probably 10 wheaten marans, and a few blue & blue splash and some black marans. I'm going to have trouble figuring out which are my black marans from my black jersey giants & black austrolorps because they are all in the juvenile chick room together in my barn. I have 8 wheaten marans eggs that I bought on ebay, due to hatch tomorrow, so I have my fingers crossed to get some more wheatens. I really like the wheaten color the best of all the marans. They are absolutely gorgeous. I guess I like the blues and the cuckoos next. I'd love to have some black copper marans too, but they are going for outrageous prices on ebay. I'm glad you're getting some marans eggs! Are those from your white marans you bought? Are you going to hatch them all yourself ... or sell ... or trade?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom