Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here have the time to take care of a baby mallard? It was born yesterday with a bum leg. It is healthy looking. Just don't have the time. If interested let me know. I will let you take it for free. Allison

Farmqueen,
welcome-byc.gif

Linda, sorry I can't help you with the Peafowl, but I would like to say -
welcome-byc.gif

Allison, if I lived closer I would be willing to give it a home. You might check with the Duck Rescue Network.

With a possible move coming up this summer, I need to thin down my birds
sad.png

They are listed here.

ETA:
Here is what the other post says:

I will have to thin down my flock when we move this summer. For now, I will list the birds that I know must go, then I may add more birds to this list later on.
It would help is birds were gone ASAP, but they would not have to be picked until the end of May.
No shipping (sorry!). Birds may be picked up at their home by Durant, OK. By special arrangement, I might be able to transport a small number of birds to the Oklahoma Chicken-Stock in June.
Pictures are available to those who are interested.

-

3 young Ameraucana LFs - sex unknown yet. Hatched from eggs from "Dipsy Doodle Doo"s Blue Ameraucana pen, but these three were 'chipmunk' colored. $4 each

Porcelain d'Uccle Bantam trio - 1 rooster, 2 pullets. These will be good for show-birds. $35 all

3 Black Cayuga Ducks - 1 pair, 1 duckling. $25 all

3 F&W Indian Runner Ducks - 1 pair, 1 duckling. $25 all

Crested Blue Swedish, Duck - male (drake). $7

5 Blue or Black Plymouth Rock Bantam Hens. These birds are originally from David Swaim of Osceola, IA. Started to lay 1 month ago. $8 each or $35 all

White Cochin Bantam Pair - 1 rooster, 1 hen. $25 both

Last edited:
Grace, I can't believe you are selling your d'Uccles! And I can't have them!
hit.gif
lol.png

I still work at Atwoods, so I do get to see chickies and ducklings every day.
smile.png
We got brand new Cochins in today, they are adorable! We also have some chicks that are dark brown with gray spots with black around them. (That make sense?) Any ideas on what they are? They are so pretty! They're one of Ideal's standards.

I was showing a customer a knife at work today, and cut myself so bad (total accident) that the manager had to fill out paper work and send me home! I have steri-tape glued to it, and my finger has to be splinted for the next couple of days. So embarrassing!
lol.png

I always see people's hail pictures on the news, so I thought I'd post mine.
lol.png

29m66op.jpg

Hope everyone is making it through the storms alright.

Cammie, I'm so sorry to hear of your injury at work. You might want to stay away from the knife section!

We had hail at Tinker at about 7:00 p.m. Thursday .. I couldn't believe the size of it ... over golf-ball size which dented many of the cars ... broke out quite a few car windshields... and they even said we had a funnel cloud over us. It was quite exciting. What do Okies do when they say there's a tornado coming toward us? We run outside to look!
lau.gif

OK, Gerald told me I just had to post this ... I got a message from a lady that bought some of my Appenzeller Spitzhauben eggs on ebay, and she said: Hi okcarla, My husband and I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful Apenzeller eggs. We were so very impressed with the meticulous way that you very carefully and thoughtfully wrapped them,as well as how quickley you shipped them. We have never had any eggs ever mailed to us so carefully. We also wanted you to know that we had 100% hatch. The chicks are just beautiful, sweet, healthy, and friendly. We really appreciate how incredibly conscientous, honest, and thoughtful a seller you are. If there is any way for you to display this expression of our gratitude, so others may know how great a person you are to do business with, please be our guest. It has been an absolute pleasure. Thank you, Charlene & David Oh, I'm so happy! I absolutely love to hear from happy people that get some of these awesome birds that we raise! It makes it all worthwhile!

wee.gif
I know I'm bragging .... but I just had to! Gerald was more than half the effort too ... so I have to brag on him!
clap.gif

I know the Tornado got close to Okiechick.
It went a few miles North and West of us. When I knew we were on the the backside of the storm I was looking at the clouds. I don't recall ever having seen the billowing white clouds so tall.
Okie tell us tale. Sounds like it touched down pretty close to you.
Did you move all the critters into the "fraidy hole?"
Monty

Cammie, Do you spit when you whittle?
I am glad you are Ok and hope the pain isn't too bad. At least you may have a nice scar that can be the source of many tales you can embellish and share with your children some day.
Nothing like a good scar to jump start a tall tale.
I know women aren't too excited about scars but for a guy they are a badge of courage.
So when does the workers comp kick in?
I can see the big sign at Atwoods now.
Days without an accident: 0
Just kidding, I hope you heal quickly and can milk all the sympathy you can from your hubby to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom