Oklahoma Anyone???

Monty,
Do you think you will have Welsummer or Marans eggs, babies, or adults available to sell in the spring? I've been researching these breeds and would really like to try some this next year. Let me know when you get a minute.
Thanks,
Ann

I might have some Welsummers and I am trying to get some Marans now. I have a very good Marans roo but no Hens. Check with me when you are wanting eggs.
When do you start hatching? I am getting some eggs right now that I am not hatching.
Monty

Last edited:
It may be well into January before I even start hatching. We are getting ready to move, so don't want to get into the middle of something yet. We're only moving about a 1/2 mile away, but it's still a move. I'm afraid things would get hurt, neglected, etc. I'll let you know when I'm all set up. Maybe you'll have something then! Thanks again. I sure am enjoying the posts on these boards. I can't wait til spring!
~~>Ann

It is good talking to with you. I am trying to find more Welsummer hens. I sold some last year and I have kicked myself ever since. I am going to try and concentrate on just a few breeds this year. Welsummers are one of my favorites.
Monty

Last edited:
Monty, have you (or anyone else on here) had much experience with any of the dark egg layers? It was good to hear that you liked the Welsummers. I don't know anyone that has any, so don't have experience with them, not even vicariously! I've heard from the people on a chicken Yahoo group that Marans tend to be more difficult to get the dark eggs from. I don't know anything about the Barnevelders, but they sure are pretty birds from the pics I've seen on the internet.
I can't wait to move and get back to "chickening" again. I went over to the new place yesterday to get ideas in my head for converting an old storage barn into a coop. It's gonna be a challenge, but a fun one!
~~>Ann

Buckguy...........guess what I found today?
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

A long long brown egg
big_smile.png
it has got to be from yours
big_smile.png
I got so excited...............my setting bantam tried to hide it from me......

Hi! I havent been on in a long time. I live in Lexington. I lost all of my chickens to critters last winter. All I have left are 3 geese.

Am planning on getting started in chickens again very soon. I relly dont want to have to wait until atwoods has their chicks in in Febuary.

Does anyone near lexington have any chicks they would like to part with??

Melissa

Hi Krazy, Good to hear you are around. We have a thread called Okies in the BYC and I will add you to our list. You might check it out, we have several on there and the list is growing.
Monty

Quote:
I am glad you got an egg because all of mine have gone on strike. Maybe the warmer weather that is forcast for this week will help. I hope the other two slackers will start laying for you.

Back
Top Bottom