Oklahoma Ice Storm

Buckguy20

OKIE MOSES
13 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Choctaw Oklahoma
So How is everyone in the Midwest coping with the icy weather? The first wave of four days of freezing rain began last night. Some are without power and my lights are flickering.
I had to make a run to the store late last night to make sure we had some water in case we lost power I think I ended up with enough stuff to last all winter.
It was lightening and thundering and pouring rain on my way back and then all that rain froze overnight.
The roads are icy and they are saying not to get out. Our church cancelled services this morning mainly because the parking lot was an ice rink.
Its sleeting now which is better than the rain since it won't stick to the powerlines. Its also still thundering and lightening.
They said this stretches from west Texas all the way up into Ohio. Thats a good sized winter storm.
I hope everyone does ok dealing witht his mess.
Speaking of a mess, I have a kitchen to clean and lunch to make so I gotta run.
Buckguy

Last edited:
So far we've only had about a half inch or so of sleet. They're talking about more icing tomorrow night thru tuesday. I'm in central Kansas. I hope they're wrong...the last big ice storm a couple of years ago we were without power for over a week. I've got eggs due to hatch all this week, so I don't need to be without electricity.

Hey Monty..........it's COLD outside isnt it? here is the top of my coop...... I chipped my way in to it this morning....... and also had to chip my way into my truck!
WHats for lunch?
wink.png

pumpkin224.jpg

pumpkin223.jpg

Here in central Indiana we have about 1/8 inch of ice hanging on everything. My driveway and deck are skating material. I put some ice melt out. My sister went to late church services and said once she got to the road things were good.

How is everyone doing I just heard about the Jones Hogh School on TV I hope they can save at least some of it. I have been lucky so far the Satalite is still up and only had 2 flickers in my power (cuddos to CADDO) However either me or my hubbie has to go get s-i-l from work this afternoon took hubbie 1 hour to take her this AM for a 20 minute round trip. I live in a all electric house and am thinking I may need to invest in one of those indoor propane heaters.

Hoping everyone is warm!!

Kasi

Icy here in SW MO this morning, it rained and thundered to beat the band around 2 this morning, no school today in the four state area. Right now the ice is melting some, hope it keeps it up before the next round hits. So far we still have our power, Hope everyone fairs well, stay warm. I am fixing to go check my chickens, they probably wont get to go out today wont they be ticked, lol

I'm dreading what they're forecasting for tonight and tomorrow here in central kansas, lots of ice. I've got chicks hatching right now and more due later in the week. My incubator has a hook-up to a 12 volt for when we lose power. We heat with a wood stove so I can bring the chicks up if I need to.

schools are in session here in southwest missouri...east of Springfield area about fifty miles east. Roads are just wet but everything else is ice covered..rain froze when it hit the trees, lines, etc. Thirty degrees here.
icestorm.jpg

icestorm2.jpg

The netting over the duck's pen is white with ice and the fencing around the chicken run is all white from ice.

Back
Top Bottom