Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Looks like those three eggs were really to be locked down today. Still wiggling, but no pips. They should be fine, though, since the humidity has been about 50% for the last couple of days.

Nine eggs in the incubator all developing on day 4, and two were a week and a half old! Sven's such a stud!

Congratulations
thumbsup.gif

Okay, guys, dilemma time.

I marked down on my calendar that lockdown for the current batch is Tuesday. Silly me, I didn't mark down when I SET this batch. I think I put it down wrong, and the HATCH date is Tuesday, not the LOCKDOWN date.

Candling doesn't help. They're huge and mostly covering the egg and the air sac is huge as usual.

I'm taking opinions now......lockdown on SATURDAY consistent with hatch on Tuesday, or on TUESDAY like the calendar says?

UGH!
Two of the three are hatched! Looks like Tuesday lockdown was correct, so I'm glad I kept the humidity at under 55% for the lockdown. The third isn't moving in the shell, but it was one of the early pullet eggs, so that's likely the cause. That's 5/6 of the first pullet eggs, yeah! One of the new ones is pretty light and the other is fairly dark -- two different hens. Nice contrast!

Two of the three are hatched! Looks like Tuesday lockdown was correct, so I'm glad I kept the humidity at under 55% for the lockdown. The third isn't moving in the shell, but it was one of the early pullet eggs, so that's likely the cause. That's 5/6 of the first pullet eggs, yeah! One of the new ones is pretty light and the other is fairly dark -- two different hens. Nice contrast!
Congrats! Looking forward to some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom